Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you see deer or turkeys or whatever and then realize it's garbage or something of that nature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I have done it couple of times!!!

Leave a comment:

• deerslayer2
    replied
    It does this when I sit a long time.I've even seen biiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggg antlers on a stick buck.LOL.

Leave a comment:

• blazer_ov-1d
    replied
    are you serious

Leave a comment:

• hunt_fish_sleep
    replied
    Oh man is the turkey/deer schedule frustrating. Every time I went deer hunting this year, a flock of about 30 turkeys would patrol the fields we hunted. We would usually get one shot opportunity at a deer per trip. When winter turkey season rolled around, we went to the same locale and set up. Not one turkey came out, but the deer were coming out of the woodwork. We counted 32 deer. Just another prime example of Murphy and his damn law.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    All the time, the good thing is it makes you stop and look. Reminds me I'm walking to fast.

Leave a comment:

• hjohn429
    replied
    I can't say how many times this has happened to me. Also all the branches that have had their bark stripped look like antlers.

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    Beekeeper - Movement with no form? Sort of like in Predator? Time to leave the woods, pronto! Have a feeling when people start using those mirror blinds, my eyes will be playing tricks on me. Move and the disconnected reflected area will move the other way. Stop, and nothing.

Leave a comment:

• mdhager115
    replied
    This is a good question. When I am in the woods, I stop SO many times to double check to see what I am looking at. It is even worse when I do not have my glasses/contacts on. When I am shed hunting its funny how far I will walk to see what that small white stick is by that tree only to realize there is either nothing there or it is just some stick. It is very rarely an actual shed. When I go in the woods and realize I forgot my contacts/glasses, my chances of seeing an animal goes way down.

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    replied
    We see grizzlies all the time just after sunup and just before sunset in poor light that turn out to be boulders or charred stumps. If you stare long enough you will convince yourself it is moving. You feel pretty foolish after dragging out the 45 power spotting scope to verify and realize you are wasting your time.
    A friend swears he saw a Bigfoot near Yellowstone Park in the Grinnell Creek drainage. Oddly enough if you look up the Bigfoot sightings webpage you will find where tourists have submitted sightings from the highway in that area. Pretty spooky.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    MLH, how about movement with no form attached. That will make you walk back to the truck checking over your shoulder every third step...

Leave a comment:

• willkillsdeer
    replied
    waaaaaaay to many times

Leave a comment:

• willkillsdeer
    replied
    waaaaaaay to many times

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    Me, never. Yeah, right. The ones that send shivers up my spine are the forms that start moving and then, poof, disappear. Bigfoot, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    Me. The worst thing is the countless moose shaped and colored stumps in New England swamps.

How about when you're deer hunting, you see turkeys, and when you're turkey hunting, you see deer?

Leave a comment:

replied
    ah crap that 'answers' questions was the first double post i've ever had. I THOUGHT I HAD SOME KIND OF RECORD!!!

Nate

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad