Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have you ever killed a turkey with a bow? what arrows/browdheads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you ever killed a turkey with a bow? what arrows/browdheads?

have you ever killed a turkey with a bow? what arrows/browdheads?

Have not done so yet but I plan on it. People use a bunch of different broadheads, like the turkey guillotine which is aimed at the turkeys' head. I have also heard of people using rage broadheads which I have heard good things from.

Comment

If you shoot a fixed-blade, aim for just above the legs at the butt of the wing, or the anus if the Turkey is in full-strut facing away from you.

Comment

you should get the arrows that extend and take of the turkes head

Comment

No, but if I were going to I would use light carbon arrows with Magnus Bullheads or Rage 2-blade Slipcams. Both are great broadheads.

Comment

They have special broadheads at cabelas which have 3 one and a half inch blades. its sweet

Comment

use the same broad head that you use for deer. if you don't deer hunt use any broad head even a inexpensive one as long as that are sharp. as long as your decoys and everything are right turkey should be 10-15 yards away. i know people that have shot turkeys in the head and neck with regular broad heads that will take there head off, or it will be a complete miss just like the gobbler guillotine.

Comment

Nope!

Comment

Nope!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                    by franchi20
                    I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of who...
                    Today, 07:40 PM
                  • Debate #2: new rules
                    by FirstBubba
                    New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                    The "Biden Campaign"!...
                    10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                  • Reply to What's after Trump?
                    by franchi20
                    Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                    Today, 07:34 PM
                  • What's after Trump?
                    by FirstBubba
                    No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                    There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                    Today, 01:46 PM
                  • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                    by fitch270
                    The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                    Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X