Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets say you have just spent the entire summer scouting and planning a hunt on some public land. You have done everything you ca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is possible if not probable this guy wants to cash in on all your scouting. If he's in my stand i will address him politely and thank him for warming my seat. If he refuses to leave i'll hunt nearby but not too close. If he is near but not in my stand, i'll probably get in my stand and stay longer than he. Depends how close he is. Often when i see a truck at or near my spot i go to plan B.

Comment

If I spent that much time into that one spot, I would honestly be very mad, even if he werent doing anything wrong. If he was in my stand, I would yell at him and tell him to get out. If he were nearby, I would just go somewhere close by, but out of sight from the other hunter. I would have to push my anger back, but theres not much I could do to make him move.

Comment

I agree with most of the posts above, "public" land is just that. As for your stand; I wouldn't hang a stand on public land.

Comment

If it is public land, you should forget about it and come back earlier on another day. If they are in your stand, you should ask them yo get out of it so you can go hunt somewere else.

Comment

i would tell him to get out of my stand or im gonna blow him out of it

if he was near to it
            have more options

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad