Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whos your favorite call maker why?

whos your favorite call maker why?

Quaker Boy makes their diaphram calls with foam. I think it seals in the mouth much better and just has a more natural feel. With the small size I am able to keep two in my mouth at a time for quick changes with out having to move my arms.

Comment

For Turkry- Quackerboy hands down for the abovr reason, and just the sweetest box call I have, dunno why tried others but keep comming back to the QB
      Ducks, I like Faulks they are classicly tuned, durable and affordable. I also have a Lohman double reed that can really get crankin' I think I paid like $7 fot it back in 1997
      Geese Buck Gardiner, and faulks, for the same reason, The BG to me sounds just as good as a Sean Mann, w/o the huge $$$$ plus it is a simple to use short reed never had nuch luck with them until I got my BG

Comment

For Turkry- Quackerboy hands down for the abovr reason, and just the sweetest box call I have, dunno why tried others but keep comming back to the QB
        Ducks, I like Faulks they are classicly tuned, durable and affordable. I also have a Lohman double reed that can really get crankin' I think I paid like $7 fot it back in 1997
        Geese Buck Gardiner, and faulks, for the same reason, The BG to me sounds just as good as a Sean Mann, w/o the huge $$$$ plus it is a simple to use short reed never had nuch luck with them until I got my BG

Comment

If your hunting geese, then I would have to say that Zink makes the best calls there are. I have used Fred's calls with great success and have accidentally pulled geese off of other guys' spreads when calling in a flock.

Comment

Lots of good calls depending on what you are calling. If I picked one affordable brand, not considering custom calls, that makes something for everything I suppose I would select Primos.

Comment

Primos, good price, easy of use and DVDs show how to use them all.

Comment

I would have to say Primos for the reason mentioned above. Affordable,good quality and easy to use.

Comment

I use mouth calls from HS Strut and a little known company outside of the south called Tom Teasers: www.tomteasers.com
                  I make my own box calls and slate and glass friction calls.
                  I use duck and goose calls from Primos, HS and Knight and Hale.

Comment

I would have to say Primos. They make a good quality call for a relatively cheep price and also a lot of them include a CD or DVD on how to use the call.

Comment

I'm partial to Primos. Good company run by a guy I think I'd really like to hunt with.

Comment

www.tomteasers.com

Comment

www.tomteasers.com

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad