Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite venison recipe? I want to learn something easy(but delicious), so I can make it quickly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite venison recipe? I want to learn something easy(but delicious), so I can make it quickly.

What is your favorite venison recipe? I want to learn something easy(but delicious), so I can make it quickly.

I love back straps and tenderloins fried up with a little evoo, with cracked pepper some salt and a steak rub. So much flavor and so tender.

Comment

Easy venison chili. Brown a pound of ground venison, add one can of chili beans, two cans of tomato sauce and two cans of water. Add one package of chili mix and cook for 20 minutes. Super easy and quick. Plus you don't need to make it just like this, this is more like a base, add to it whatever you want, peppers, onions, chillies, or celery. I like mine with extra beans and finely chopped onions. Make a pan of jiffy corn bread to go with it and you have a meal that will warm you up on a cold winter day.

Comment

YOu can hang me if you like, but a good, tasty, simple and fast venison meal is hamburger helper made with ground venison, the kids love it and it's something even I can make!LOL

Comment

Backstraps, butter, and onions fried in a cast-iron skillet. Or cube up some of your steak into 2 inch pieces, lightly brown them in butter, wrap a 1/2 piece of bacon around each one w/toothpick put in a casserole dish and put a whole bottle of B.B.Q. sauce on top. Cover with foil bake until done and serve to hungry poker players. Serve with Budweiser. (If of age)

Comment

Back Straps covered in dry rub and thrown on the grill.

Comment

Back Straps marinated in tariyaki sauce and a little adobo.

Comment

Backstraps cut 1" thick on a diagnal, marinated in Italian dressing, cooked 4 minutes each side on the grill, allowed to cool for six minutes. Great, easy and fast.

Comment

Put flour and favorite seasonings and garlic powder in baggie. Place backstrap in mixture and coat lightly. Save flour mixture. Place backstraps in hot frying pan with olive oil and saute on all sides browning meat and cooking till at your desired doneness (medium rare is best). Remove backstrap and cut into medallions on the diagonal. In the mean time take pan and pour red wine in and scraping brown bits and bring to a light boil. Take left over flour mixture and whisk in to wine stirring constantly. when thickened pour over medallions. Serve with garlic mahed potatoes and fresh steamed green beans and dinner is served. Bon Appetit

Comment

It's not quick but take front shoulder season and place in tin foil. Add your favorite veggies, garlic and Karo syrup. close tin foil and wrap in about 3 or 4 more sheets. Place on grill and let cook several hours over indirect heat turning over occasionally.I usually cook mine 4-5 hours. Open tinfoil grab bone and shake, meat should be done tender enough that bone will fall out and dinner is ready

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                      by bowhunter75richard
                      Up to November should be a very interesting time ! The D’s should have a easy time in that any criticism of Harris will result in racism/sexism charges...
                      Today, 03:34 PM
                    • 16 Years
                      by jhjimbo
                      So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                      Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                    • Reply to Trump
                      by Ontario Honker Hunter
                      That QAnon crap is so far out there. Ridiculous. Unbelievable that so many Americans are buying into it. But hey, why should I be surprised. National...
                      Today, 03:26 PM
                    • Trump
                      by Danbo
                      https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/coro...-outbreak.html
                      04-17-2020, 06:15 AM
                    • Reply to Another New Upper
                      by DakotaMan
                      There may be something to that jimbo. However, I'm constrained to the few powders that shoot with supreme accuracy for a given cartridge, bullet, bore...
                      Today, 02:45 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X