Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often (days per week) do you actually eat the game you kill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often (days per week) do you actually eat the game you kill?

How often (days per week) do you actually eat the game you kill?

Normally at least once a week. Prefer to save it for the summer so i can smoke most of it on the grill.

Comment

5, until I run out.Usually about mid June.

Comment

was having venison in one form or another, about every 2 days or so, but that was in SC with a 12 deer a season limit, now we are having game about 2 times a week to make it last only have 6 pheasants left(tearing up) but we eat game as often as we can for the health benefits and the Great taste!!

Comment

with one elk and 2 deer in the freezer we have to eat it at least 4-5 times a week to run out by next season. (it's just my wife and I)

Comment

It won't last past Christmas, after hunting season. I do save some dried deer meat (dried on poles) that my grandma usually cuts up. My grandma usually cuts all the meat up and hangs it to dry, traditional Cheyenne Indian way. She usually eats the majority of it too, I don't mind though, there's plenty to go around.

Comment

with three deer in the freezer, a couple of times a week, with plenty to serve guests on special occassions all year round.

Comment

3 for 3 so far this week!

Comment

I got my first deer this past November. I didnt get that much meat, but what I did get was used in about two months. I would put a whole thigh in the crock pot and have some stew. I looked up a couple recipes, but next year, im gonna be getting a lot more, so im gonna be looking for some good recipes.

Comment

Once or twice a week I eat somthing I killed either fish or deer. It's a cheap way to eat.

Comment

I'd say the missus and I average three days a week year round between venison, pheasants, and fish. She often substitutes the meat into convenience products like taco kits, etc., so it doesn't always have to be a big production. Here's her guide to quickie pheasant enchiladas:

http://armchairoutfitter.com/2008/10/12/sporty-cooking-pheasant-enchiladas/#more-150

Comment

Pretty much like everyone else we eat it until it is gone before the next season. Grilled, fried, baked, chili, whatever as the recipes are endless.

Comment

Out of 5 in the family, just my son and I eat what I harvest. Unless I trick my daughter into eating venison burger, she hates it when I do that! But out of 2 bucks in the freezer, 1 goes to jerky and sausage, 1 hind quarter goes into the slow cooker for shredded BBQ venison sandwiches (freeze the rest in styrofoam cups for later) and steaks/burger last him and I untill July.

Comment

At least once a week, usually on Sundays when I have time to make a spread. Like this past Sunday I made glazed duck stuffed with brown rice, served on a bed of brown rice, with carrots, green beans, and german potatoe salad for sides. Bones and veg. where all that was left.

Comment

3-5 times a week...
                              moose, grouse, salmon, halibut, pike, alaskan blueberries, and garden veggies are our usual 'wild' fare...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad