Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When hanging a hang-on treestand, what kind of steps do you prefer to use? Tree Steps (where legal of course), or climbing stic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer the screw in steps. The sticks might be easier to climb, but I think they are easier to steal as well.

Comment

Climbing Sticks for me!!!

Comment

I prefer "inline" sticks, not the ones that you stagger. This way all your weight is supported to the ground, and not relying on straps only. I also use ONLY ratchet straps to secure to tree. They hold much more secure,because they can be tightened tighter and much more safely. Sometimes "yanking" on the other type of straps while 20 feet in the air just makes me feel unsafe!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Burgers, what’s on yours?
          by fitch270
          +1 on the cold roast beef Matt. I’ll partake in horseradish when it’s in dip form for chips but don’t see it very often. I’ll need to keep this...
          Today, 02:11 PM
        • Burgers, what’s on yours?
          by fitch270
          The wife and kids have youth group tonight so dinner was venison burgers done quick on the grill. I’m a big fan of hamburgers in general but typically...
          Yesterday, 06:45 PM
        • Reply to States sue over vaccine mandate.
          by fitch270
          I’m not sure better than the alternative is much better, it’s a bias assumption at best. No telling exactly how things would have went.
          Today, 02:05 PM
        • States sue over vaccine mandate.
          by FirstBubba
          This is Constitutional overreach.
          Biden does not have the authority by law OR executive order to demand Americans take the vaccination.
          09-10-2021, 11:03 AM
        • Reply to Treason or a traitor?
          by 99explorer
          Jimbo -
          Are you going to be at the big rally on Saturday?

Paranoia drives many Trump supporters to avoid weekend 'Justice for January...
          Today, 01:52 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X