Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan lifted the restrictions on albino whitetail deer last year. Would you pass on a great normal buck for an inferior scor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan lifted the restrictions on albino whitetail deer last year. Would you pass on a great normal buck for an inferior scor

Michigan lifted the restrictions on albino whitetail deer last year. Would you pass on a great normal buck for an inferior scoring albino buck? Or even an albino doe?

I would not pass on a shooter buck, however if an albino came by close to the end of the season I would shoot. It make for a cool trophy.

Comment

I wouldn't shoot an albino anything. Haven't you heard of the indian curse to all those who shoot an albino?

Comment

I also think it would make a sweet wall hanger, I mean thats like a drop tine buck, its like once in a life time. But i havent heard of the indian curse buckhunter lets hear it!

Comment

Indians believed albinos are sent to this earth to purify the world and bring back spiritual balance and harmony.

In particular the Great White Buffalo.

Comment

Let him go and hopefully he'll be a shooter next year.

Comment

Indian lore says you'll be 'dead within a year' if you kill the Ghost Deer. A piebald i'd probably shoot, buck or doe, but a true albino i'd probably let'm walk.

Comment

I'm all for purification and spiritual harmony!

Comment

Don't really know, I thought I'd never shoot a bear even after 4 years in Alaska until I moved to Arkansas

Comment

No, I wouldn't where I hunt it is considered bad luck to shoot an albino.

Comment

If all three where in front of me, I would shoot the albino doe. Have all ready shot a normal buck, and would rather shoot a trophy albino buck next year. I do not believe in indian tales so not to concerned with bad luck. Plus what true benifit does an albino deer contribute to the gene pool?

Comment

I have heard the meat from albinos is foul. Any truth?

Comment

I don't know why it would be. Albinism is the lack of ability to produce malanin or dark pigment and affects the skin, hair and eyes. I've never eaten an albino mammal but I have eaten albino channel cats and they were quite tasty!

Comment

I would definately shoot the shooter buck. I think albinos are really cool and all, but I wouldnt want one as a trophy. They should just stay a cool part of nature instead of becoming some trophy for hunters to chase after. Albinos are enough to just look at, no need to harvest one.

Comment

I don't know, depends on where I was at in the season. I would definantly not pass on a trophy buck for an inferior one and I'm not real big on shooting does but if it was end of season and had a tag left I probably would. I'm not that superstitious and more people would see it on my wall than they would in the wild.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad