Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know why some states require deer to be visible when transporting? If it isn't required to take deer to check stati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know why some states require deer to be visible when transporting? If it isn't required to take deer to check stati

Does anyone know why some states require deer to be visible when transporting? If it isn't required to take deer to check stations then I suspect it is to get a more accurate harvest count from roadways.

I'm not sure of the exact reason but i doubt it has to do with roadway counts since all of these deer are to be taken to be registered in the next few hours anyway giving an exact count. I do know that in some places (Wisconsin) the hunter that tags the deer must travel in the same vehicle as the deer until it is registered. Hm... Perhaps that has something to do with the heads visible law, I wonder?

Comment

New one on me!

Comment

You should know this one MLH. It's because our DNR stand on over-passes and count deer going down the highway. And they do a great job with precision an accuracy on the harvest numbers. cough..cough..

Comment

First of all it's not good public relations as a Sportsman to go trucking down the highway with a deer over the hood to begin with and thats what they have check stations for.

Comment

I'm guessing it's to discourage shooting of illegal deer, i.e. does during buck season, or bucks that don't meet antler requirements. just my guess

Comment

I don't think they have that law up here in Montana. I do know that you have to check into a check station in certain areas.

Comment

Agreed with steve182 answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad