Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have two shotguns a 3" pardener single 20.ga and a 2 3/4" 12.ga 870 wingmaster wich should i use for turkey hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have two shotguns a 3" pardener single 20.ga and a 2 3/4" 12.ga 870 wingmaster wich should i use for turkey hunting?

i have two shotguns a 3" pardener single 20.ga and a 2 3/4" 12.ga 870 wingmaster wich should i use for turkey hunting?

payload wise yhey almost equal out, but I would go w/ the pardner, single shot makesw you wait until you are sure, besides never got a second shot off if it was a clean miss, one shot, one kill, prefer skill to firepower anyday more fufilling when you tag one.

Comment

I would your 12 guage in the 870 if it has a full choke you can use 1 1/2 of #5 and you should do fine

Comment

16ga, is right on the payload. I would go with the 870 just incase I needed a follow up shot.

Comment

definetlty the Wingmaster

Comment

Shoot them both, see which one patterns better. Use that one.

Comment

I'd lean toward the 12 GA but pattern both to see which does best. Ocasionally I get surprised by a twenty.

Comment

I would lean toward the 12 ga but it realy depends on which one shots the beter pattern.

Comment

Other things being reasonably equal, I would go for the Pardner, in the name of light carry and quick handling. Just don't shoot very far or miss, although you can reload those things pretty fast with practice.

Comment

870 unless you are feeling really sure about your shot with the 20 gauge

Comment

Try the patterns and take the better one. I have found that the 3" 20 usually shoots a tighter pattern than the 12 with about the same payload but your chokes will determine that. With those relatively small pellets, you want a tight pattern to be sure to get them in the kill zone.

Comment

the 870

Comment

The 870 also for me!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad