Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since I have been on here with you guys I have not read this question. When bowhunting, in a treestand, and you have to take a l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I have been on here with you guys I have not read this question. When bowhunting, in a treestand, and you have to take a l

Since I have been on here with you guys I have not read this question. When bowhunting, in a treestand, and you have to take a leak, what do you do? I let it fly off my stand, I've even had deer come to check out the sound to see if it was other deer. I'm scent contious, but this has never seemed to deter deer from my stand. I think it's because all urine turns to ammonia. What do you think?

Hey What ever floats your boat. It would be easier just letting it fly rather than climb up and down your stand. If you do that you have a greater chance of scaring away the deer.

Comment

I am a strong believer in Scent Control, but everytime I hunt from my treestand, I let it fly if need be. I have even when it calls gone number 2 within 20 yards of my stand, I have had deer(inlcuding nice bucks) just minutes later walk by and stand where I did my business and they are never the wiser that there is a threat 20ft above them.

Comment

I believe every deer I've ever shot has come by within a half hour of me taken a piss.

Comment

I have just recently started letting it fly, though i try to take care of that before i go hunting. I'm not convinced it make a big difference. B.O. and/or perfumey scents are the ones that scare deer.

Comment

Come on guys. You've never pissed on a deer and had them stand there thinking it's rain? I live for that.

Comment

i let her fly. never had a deer to spook on me yet.

Comment

It doesn't seem to spook them , but I try not to go while in my stand.

Comment

I try avoid the need whenever possible. I read on one site, I think it was SC Game and Fish that deer have virtually no reaction to human urine. I can't think of a time when I was actually able to test this while in the tree. I do know that once I forgot to take care of business back at the truck before I put my boots on so I stopped while walking down the logging road on the way in and marked a tree. On the way out I saw three doe standing right around that tree. Two had alread passed it and one was right beside it. They didn't seem disturbed at all. They lingered for a few minutes then walked away.

Comment

Dr. James Krall did research some years ago and found urine is pretty much urine when it come to deer. But, I still take a pee bottle with me!

Comment

O'Brother, sound like something kinky in the locker room? I'm out of here!

Comment

That Ol'Mossback, you will send him into the deep woods never to be seen again!!!

Comment

I've urinated in scrapes to see what would happen and have come back the next day to see fresh deer sign. Doesn't seem to bother them. Gets a little noisy from the stands when there are dry leaves on the ground, though.

Comment

I just bring an empty coke bottle on the stand with me. When nature calls, just unzip, and stick it in your bottle (if your a guy.) Make sure to label the bottle "pee," so you don't drink it.

Comment

I carry a two liter sprite bottle, don't know why but I use it pretty religously, seems like I'm in the minority on this one.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                                by rock rat
                                Jimbo this morning I heard a woman interviewed on the radio, she was the state coordinator with the Kamala for President group during the primaries. All...
                                Today, 10:59 AM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to More Bad News....
                                by dewman
                                Had a big long post typed half dozen times but I just won't discuss losing my dogs. Doubt I ever will. I know what you're feeling, I am sorry for your...
                                Today, 10:55 AM
                              • More Bad News....
                                by WA Mtnhunter
                                My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
                                07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
                              • Reply to More Bad News....
                                by jhjimbo
                                So sorry for your loss....
                                Today, 10:40 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X