Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bow, Rifle or Shotgun? What do you prefer for hunting whitetails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are places for bow only and shotgun only and you will have only one day to hunt it. MAKE IT COUNT!

Comment

I prefer Bowhunting, but enjoy whatever is in season.

Comment

I prefer bow hunting. Clay, we get ten deer a year spread over bow, muzzle loader, and moder gun, rifle or shotgun. This season I will only carry my bow from mid September through January 1.

Comment

For me it would have to be with a bow. Not because if feels more rewarding, since I feel blessed to harvest an animal with weapon. But for the sole reason that the woods are a lot more peaceful during bow season, and the states I hunt in, the leaves are always at peak foilage and the rut is normally in full swing before rifle season come in makes it that more enjoyable to be in the woods.

Comment

Shotgun, but i also enjoy bow hunting.

Comment

Shotgun and bow, only cause I live in a no rifle zone.

Comment

I have not shot at a deer with any, only been hunting with others,(just watching) but have shot all of the firearms alot. I don't really like shotgun, rifle is the easiest to shoot, but BOW, now that is Fun. BOW ALL THE WAY!

Comment

Rifle, Muzzleloader, Bow, getting more and more interested in traditional archery.

Comment

tradional recurve bow i find its funner and more satisfin than a rifle and shotgun

Comment

Bow - early bow season temperatures are much milder in Michigan than during rifle and muzzleloader seasons.

Comment

Shotgun though I am going to try and take one with a bow this fall in Wisconsin.

Comment

Bow I love to bow hunt,you have to get the animal up close. Also the woods are alot less crowded with other hunters, but I wouldn't give-up my shotgun either,not allowed to use a rifle in the state I live in.

Comment

Muzzleloader

Comment

Rifle

Comment

me to buck hunter

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad