Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tucker Mershon
    replied
    To decide what to use you must consider multiple factors. In the morning the thermals will be rising forcing your scent upward. It's the opposite in the afternoon. That bring said, treestands are better in the morning while blinds are better for the afternoon. You must also consider how deer see. Deer see in an almost widescreen view meaning if your below or above their sight, the can't see you. For the people that say in a treestand your scent never hits the ground consider this. If you threw a paper airplane would it go farther from a high spot or on the ground? By this I mean that your scent still hits the ground, it's just that it's carried farther down wind. If you remember these simple facts, you should have more success when deciding where to place a stand/blind

Leave a comment:

• Tucker Mershon
    replied
    To decide what to use you must consider multiple factors. In the morning the thermals will be rising forcing your scent upward. It's the opposite in the afternoon. That bring said, treestands are better in the morning while blinds are better for the afternoon. You must also consider how deer see. Deer see in an almost widescreen view meaning if your below or above their sight, the can't see you. For the people that say in a treestand your scent never hits the ground consider this. If you threw a paper airplane would it go farther from a high spot or on the ground? By this I mean that your scent still hits the ground, it's just that it's carried farther down wind. If you remember these simple facts, you should have more success when deciding where to place a stand/blind

Leave a comment:

• CavRecon
    replied
    Tree stand

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    You can see soooo much more out of a tree stand. I think it gives much more of an advantage.

Leave a comment:

• huntr4ever
    replied
    You should check out www.ghostblind.com They have a portable mirrored blind that you can take almost anywhere. I saw where they have special factory direct pricing now.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    Left out above, From the ground,

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    Killed a buck with my bow this year but not in a blind. Was so exciting. i'm going to get a Pop-up blind

Leave a comment:

• rjbedrock
    replied
    I have killed deer, both on the ground and in a ladder stand. I think whatever you feel more comfortable in.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Depends on the time of the season, tree cover and leaf cover. I use both and enjoy hunting from both. Ground blinds can be really effective for those who have a fear of flying!

Leave a comment:

• lovetohunt
    replied
    Depends on season. For bow I like treestand. For gun, ground blind.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    Tree stand, mine is quite roomy and comfortable. We build our own out at our farm, we call my uncles the condo. I tried hunting out of his one day and it was too hard to stay awake.

Leave a comment:

• Sharkfin
    replied
    I hunt climbing tree stands or ladder stands most of the time. I have a pop up ground blind that I'll use if it's raining just to get out there.

Leave a comment:

• hnestle
    replied
    I pretty much live in my tree stand during hunting season. I did get a really nice ground blind last year, but I only use it when I can't find a tree big enough to climb.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    Lately more deer have been taken out of my “popup” Dog House than all my tree stands. Tree stands are fantastic when you must get above the brush to look down into it. If your hunting and you can see pretty well on the ground, the popup is generally better, up and down in 60 seconds rather than caring a bulky and heavy stand with you, making all that dinging and clanking noise and time putting it up not counting getting over heated in your sent lock suit! . Another thing I’ve found, if you’re hunting in an area with hunters using nothing but tree sands like Fort Chaffee Arkansas, deer actually will look straight up at you. They haven’t caught onto the use of a blind yet!

Leave a comment:

• rrmont
    replied
    I HAVE to go with ground blind. Where I live we don't haev any friggin' trees!

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad