• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tree stand v.s ground blind?

tree stand v.s ground blind?

pros for ground blind- Shelter, heater
    pros for stands- better vantage point, squirrels

I would personally go with a ground blind cuz i hate getting stuck out in the elements

Comment

Neither for deer or antelope, just well hidden on a high ridge if possible, maybe in an weed covered irrigation ditch or near a water hole, and I have used large round hay bales.

Comment

definitely ground blind, you can pack them just about anywhere and they look a lot more natural when you hunt animals that will look up at you, like bears.

Comment

i would go with ground blinds because they are safer, warmer, and easier to stay in for long periods. Though i knew a guy who had a squirrell walk over him while he was in a tree stand.

Comment

Both. Depends on where, what, and when I am hunting. I also still hunt.

Comment

It totally depends on what I am hunting. I prefer climbing treestands to grownd blinds thouge. An advantage of a treestand is height and you don't have to worry about wind as much. An advantage of blinds is better cover and easier shots with a bow.

Comment

I HAVE to go with ground blind. Where I live we don't haev any friggin' trees!

Comment

Lately more deer have been taken out of my “popup” Dog House than all my tree stands. Tree stands are fantastic when you must get above the brush to look down into it. If your hunting and you can see pretty well on the ground, the popup is generally better, up and down in 60 seconds rather than caring a bulky and heavy stand with you, making all that dinging and clanking noise and time putting it up not counting getting over heated in your sent lock suit! . Another thing I’ve found, if you’re hunting in an area with hunters using nothing but tree sands like Fort Chaffee Arkansas, deer actually will look straight up at you. They haven’t caught onto the use of a blind yet!

Comment

I pretty much live in my tree stand during hunting season. I did get a really nice ground blind last year, but I only use it when I can't find a tree big enough to climb.

Comment

I hunt climbing tree stands or ladder stands most of the time. I have a pop up ground blind that I'll use if it's raining just to get out there.

Comment

Tree stand, mine is quite roomy and comfortable. We build our own out at our farm, we call my uncles the condo. I tried hunting out of his one day and it was too hard to stay awake.

Comment

Depends on season. For bow I like treestand. For gun, ground blind.

Comment

Depends on the time of the season, tree cover and leaf cover. I use both and enjoy hunting from both. Ground blinds can be really effective for those who have a fear of flying!

Comment

I have killed deer, both on the ground and in a ladder stand. I think whatever you feel more comfortable in.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad