Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the most verstile cartaririge for big game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the most verstile cartaririge for big game?

what is the most verstile cartaririge for big game?

and no i can not spell

Comment

I'd say the 30-06 hands down. With bullet weights from 220 grain down to the 40 some grain accelerator its easily the most versatile big game bullet and can be found anywhere. PS don't say you can't spell, say you can't type.Ha Ha.

Comment

LOL

Comment

Bottom line
          From jack rabbit to moose, I have witnessed more one shot kills with the 30-06 than with any other rifle PERIOD!!

Comment

Hey Walt, Barnes makes a 250 grain in 30 cal

Comment

When you say big game I also think of grizzly's and moose in Alaska and some may even think of African game too. So, that being said, 375 H&H.

Comment

Hard to mention anything but the .30-06 when talking versataility.

Comment

.30-06, but the .300 Rem. ULtra Mag with the 3 different power levels is great also.

Comment

I would also have to say that it is the .30-06.

Comment

I like the 270 calibers (inc the new 270 WSM) and the 35 cals. 270's for high energy retention at distance and 35's (358 Win, 348 Win, and 35 Whelan) are up to any beast for close encouters in NA hunting. Handloading can make almost any round very versatile. If the question is what round can I always find ammo for in most any town, 30'06 and 270 would be my guess. I own one of each and have taken a wide variety of game with both, but a combo rifle barrel set in 7MM-08 and 358 Win would be very versatile

Comment

338 win mag, I can also hunt anything from Jack Rabbits to elk just makes bigger holes.

Comment

I would have to say the .30-06 is the most versatile gun. You can hunt any thing from varmits to big game

Comment

30/06 is probably the most versatile and most practical rifel cartridge ever produced. You can find ammo all over the world and it has more bullet selections than one can shake a stick at.

Comment

30-06 is a great all around cartridge and easy to find shells and somewhat cheap to shoot.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rip -rbg
                                by FirstBubba
                                I worked with an older gent once.
                                Mr. "Aye" (pro. "A") was 84 years old, could have retired 19 years earlier, brought a homemade...
                                Today, 10:17 PM
                              • Rip -rbg
                                by fitch270
                                2020 adding to it's bag of tricks....
                                09-18-2020, 09:26 PM
                              • Super pigs.
                                by 99explorer
                                Wild boar hybrids can have piglets at three months of age.
                                I've taken a few.

https://news.yahoo.com/super-pigs-piglets-only-3-0010...
                                Today, 10:14 PM
                              • Reply to Rip -rbg
                                by 99explorer
                                I just learned of a CIA report that Vladimir Putin himself is directing the Russian interference in our 2020 Presidential election, which was crowded...
                                Today, 09:09 PM
                              • Reply to Bows
                                by PigHunter
                                I hear ya! I finally got around to adjusting the new sight on my 90's vintage PSE. It's been restrung too. I've used a crossbow for the last 7 seasons...
                                Today, 08:45 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X