Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do u think of range finders that tell the "true" distance to a traget?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CavRecon
    replied
    Unless you are shooting at a very steep angle or there is an extreme height difference between you and your target, the direct distance is sufficient in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• wallofsam
    replied
    Why pay the money? Just practice all the different senarios you could possibly be in, that way you can assure yourself and the animal a quick kill. We owe them that much.

Leave a comment:

• buck hunter 17
    replied
    Probley with in a few feet of the actual distance

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    I have one a cheap bushnell and honestly I could do the same ranging by walking it off. I have never used it on an animal but I range all the trees or landmarks where I hunt for reference points. Or TRPs if you speak military.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Smith
    replied
    My longest shot on game (and the only one I've ever had mounted) was 397 steps. Everything else has been on average around 50 to 100ft. I hunt the swamps so I don't really see the need for one. Out west they'd probably be usefull but I can see someone so worried about getting that distance that they wind up losing their opportunity at a shot because of it.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    Too expensive for my tastes. Not nessecary

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    range finders in yards are pluss or minus one, how close you want!

Leave a comment:

• patch 1010
    replied
    This is from a bow hunters perspective, with a fairly fast bow.
    If you are shooting steep angle up or down it is a good idea, if you are shooting gentle angles it is not as critical. If you practice shooting angles you should not have any problems with out using angle compensation.

Leave a comment:

• what do u think of range finders that tell the "true" distance to a traget?

what do u think of range finders that tell the "true" distance to a traget?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad