Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I measure my deer's rack to score it and get total inches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I measure my deer's rack to score it and get total inches?

How do I measure my deer's rack to score it and get total inches?

Unless you have some kind of sheet step by step, it's very difficult. It involves measuring the length and width of every point along with the spread. If you want you can pay $40 to have it officially scored. Otherwise contact your game and fish to get a score sheet.

Nate

Comment

Go to this link at the B&C web site for complete directions:

http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRecords/bc_scoring_typwhitetail.asp?area=bgRecords&type=Ty pical+Whitetail+Deer

Comment

You need a score sheet. Google Boone and Crocket scoring. You should find one.

Comment

All of the above are correct. You need a score sheet.

Comment

Go to this link at the B&C web site for complete directions:

Comment

There is also an electronic scorer. Cant remember if I seen it at Wal-Mart or Cabelas.

Comment

By the Raculator. It calculates everything you need to know about your rack by just rolling it on you antlers. cabelas should have it.

Comment

measure the inside spread, length of each main beam, and length of each point, then measure circumference of each beam at the base and between each point up to 4 measurements per side. Add all these measurements together, there is your gross score.

Comment

I cannot tell you right here, but if you go to the boone and crockett website, they have very detailed and proffesional steps on how to score your deers rack. There are also other websites you can go to.

Comment

Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad