Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long have you been hunting? Did you pick it up from your family or did it interest you personally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad has hunted ever since he got out on his own and could afford it and he is the one that got me hooked. Ever since I was a little kid I was just enamored with all the stories he would tell, the outdoors and wildlife. I went on my first deer hunting trip at 13 and I am 21 now.

Comment

i have been hunting all my life. every man in our generation has been an avid hunter

Comment

i just started about a year ago but man I love it!! My dad takes me hunting......... but he didnt go to often. so I intrested myself.

Comment

I have been hunting about 7 years and I was ask to go with a family member who had/has some property. It was something that I always thought that I would enjoy and I was right. Hopefully I will never miss a season.

Comment

Three years. Learned from good friends and a lot of reading.

Comment

I've been hunting since I could hold a gun. Picked up a bb gun, and just started doing work.

Comment

i have 2 acres behind my house and i am twelve do all the work my self and i need tips on how to draw deer to my set ups.... the brush is thick and i found a small clearing where i hung a ladder stand with a small food plot and a tater pile beside a small watering hole that is clearly used alot but ive never seen a deer from it there is a scrape appr. 20 yds from my stand. any ideas.... my other setup is a blind on a DESERTED dirt bike path that hasnt been used in well over two years, so the ground is very mushy perfect for food plots with cornpiles... PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DRAW DEER TO MY SETUPS....i forgot to mention that i am twelve and each stand is within two hundred yards of my north carolina home

Comment

2 years

Comment

I have been hunting for over 32 years!!!

Comment

My Dad started taking me hunting with him when I was 10 years old. That was 54 years ago. He let me shoot my first squirrel when I was 12. We could only afford 1 gun so my Dad and I took turns shooting squirrels until I was 14 when we were able to buy another used single barrel shotgun. I cherish the 4 years that we spent every minute together in the woods. I received alot of my education during those squirrel hunts. By the way my Dad is 92 years young and we still talk about those hunts.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad