Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you saw a wounded deer walking within range past your stand would you,#1 let it go because it might ruin your hunt shooting i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you saw a wounded deer walking within range past your stand would you,#1 let it go because it might ruin your hunt shooting i

If you saw a wounded deer walking within range past your stand would you,#1 let it go because it might ruin your hunt shooting it, or #2 put it down regardless.

put it down regardless

Comment

put it down regardless, not matter the size you have to do the humane thing.

Comment

I'b put it down if i thought it wouldn't survive.

Comment

I'd put it down and have had to do so on a couple of occasions. One smelled so bad I just left it lay; didn't need the meat bad enough to risk getting sick. I think it had been shot during the first gun season and I shot it in the second season (Illinois). The deer had been suffering for 2 weeks.

Comment

Ask yourself, is this deer wounded from gunshot? Some hunter will be looking for it. Let it go or put it down and let the hunter get their deer, if that's the case

Comment

Good answers fellas, My dad always told me that no animal was worth another one suffering.

Comment

Put it down put the animal out of its misery

Comment

Put it down. My brother shot a 3 that was hit by a car and I once had to put down a fawn with 2 broken legs a lower back problems. I shot it in the head with a .22.

Comment

Ive had to do this very thing after watching a doe get hit by a vehicle...the only humane thing to do was to end her suffering...

Comment

Put it down with no questions asked.

Comment

without a doubt i would shoot it.

Comment

4 years ago after a volley of gun fire from a drive several hundred yards away a doe fawn with no lower jaw came walking past my stand. There was no question, i shot it on the spot, they would have never found it and it would have died a slow death by starvation otherwise. It was an 80 pound puppy dog but it was the right thing to do.

Comment

put it out of its misery. It is the right thing to do as well as the humane thing.

Comment

I'd put it down then look around for a hunter that shot it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How do you fly ?
                                by PigHunter
                                Like most everyone else, I buy a scope to feel a need. Only a few times have I taken advantage of a sale.

The Leupold VX3i on my .308 is...
                                Today, 06:44 PM
                              • How do you fly ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                Do you buy a scope when it is on deep discount, then look for the perfect rifle to put it on ? Or, you have the rifle and it needs glass, justkeep looking...
                                Today, 04:18 PM
                              • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                Bubba, I've been curious too. This is our first and so far I like it during dry fire. We're going to see how it is at the range in a few days....
                                Today, 06:35 PM
                              • Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
                                08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
                              • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                Good question. The old style Ruger LC9 has a very long trigger pull that's similar to that of a double action only revolver. I think it would be unlikely...
                                Today, 06:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X