Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best way to comfront antihunters? (other that with the barrel of a shotgun)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best way to comfront antihunters? (other that with the barrel of a shotgun)

what is the best way to comfront antihunters? (other that with the barrel of a shotgun)

With the barrel of a machinegun(ha ha ha.) Just tell them that someone has to kill the deer etc.... and if no one did they would just be hit in car collisions and die slow and painfull deaths or be eaten alive by wild dogs.

Comment

If they over-populated anymore, they would just starve to death.

Comment

Agree with hjohn429

Comment

Have them prove there point and watch them do a melt down!

If you really want to challenge them, have them go to this link. It’s about a President setting aside the vastest pristine area known as Park Land in the continental United States where no hunting is allowed.
          If they still argue with you, then they are idiots!
          Read these links about the Kaibab and it will change the way you think and give you factual knowledge in conservation.

Part 1
          http://depts.alverno.edu/nsmt/youngcc/research/kaibab/kaibab.html

Part 2
          http://depts.alverno.edu/nsmt/youngcc/research/kaibab/story1.html

Part 3
          http://depts.alverno.edu/nsmt/youngcc/research/kaibab/story2.html

Part 4
          http://depts.alverno.edu/nsmt/youngcc/research/kaibab/story3.html

Comment

Speak to them as an intelligent human being, they want to think you are a bloodthirsty hillbilly. Don't give them that impression. Let them know that you respect their point of view but you dis agree with them, don't fight with them, be the bigger person. If they start screaming at you they are irrational buffoons and you should just walk away, getting in a screaming match doesn't accomplish anything. If they are willing to have an intelligent discussion with you ask them if they eat organic food, then tell them that there is no more organic meat than the deer you shot last year. You fed your family for a year with lean, healthy, free range unadulterated venison. It's just one thing i use to try to persuade people.

Comment

i dont know i like the shotgun idea.

Comment

Depends on if they're male or female.

Comment

i think that the best thing to do is speak to them from a scientific standpoint, don't talk about it like its just killing animals. speak about it like its managment

Comment

Don't let them draw you into a confrontation. That is what they want. There is usually a camera around when a large herd of them are on rally and waving their signs, even if you don't see it. Be respectful, but stick to the facts about hunting and conservation. Don't get drawn off subject.

Never threaten them with bodily harm, never strike back even if they punch you, spit or throw blood on you. If they do assault you in some manner, use your cell, call the police and file charges against them.

If they interfere with your hunt use the law to your advantage. Most states have laws making such activites illegal and a jailable offense.

Above all never ever point a gun at them or threaten them with a firearm. At that point you become a criminal.

Comment

I usualy just present the facts and if the are too thick to get it I just walk away. I battled for years with my wifes college roommates. On ate meat all the time and I tried explaining to her that the animals I ate had a better life than they ines she ate and the whole over populated issue but she never got it. The other one was one of those people that only eats organic food, not that here is anything wrong with that it just isn't for me. One time I was making deer chops and offered her some and she said " I only eat organic food" and I told her it doesn't get more organic than this.

Comment

Beekeeper is right! Look, it just occurred to me that anti-hunters are basically utopianists. Think about it. In an ideal world, nothing would have to perish to sustain anything else, but we do not live in an ideal world. We live in the natural world, where bobcats cruelly disembowel small birds. Remember Roald Dahl's story "The Sound Machine" about the scientist who invents a machine with which he can hear plants screaming as their limbs are pruned? If this were the case, should we all just starve to death? That would be less than ideal. But then, I do not know if anti-hunters are fully rational, thinking people. Their very nature tends to lean towards emotionally driven sophistry.

Comment

Gee, where do you think that steak you ate last night came from?!?

They have two choices. Either we re-stock all the cougars and wolves back where they once ruled, like their backyard, or they shut up and let us do the hunting.

Comment

You don't confront anyone that's not what hunters do, but I don't think you meant that.
                            Reading your full post I take it you meant out in the hunting fields. If that's the case then that is the best argument for always having a cell phone at least on your person. Call sheriffs dept., immediately and cons. agent if you have it. Be prepared to forcefully defend yourself, don't back down.

Comment

Don't loose your temper. Just explain why you hunt and the enjoy of the outdoors it brings people.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad