Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the wierdest thig you have done/something done to you, while in a treestand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the wierdest thig you have done/something done to you, while in a treestand?

what is the wierdest thig you have done/something done to you, while in a treestand?

Some dude walked up to about 35-0 yards of the stand then my dad yelled at him. It was during youth hunt.

Comment

*35-40 yards

Comment

some took the straps off my stand once.

Comment

Did you fall out as a result?

Comment

I had some nimrod yell at me for putting my stand up his "favorite tree" on a WMA hunt. I told him he should get up earlier and get into the woods before the sun has been up 30 minutes. At that time he launched into a verbal explosion that would make a sailor blush. When out of swear words for me he left and stopped by my wife's stand site several hundred yards away to curse at her for several minutes. Apparantly she was up his other favorite tree. He then left the area for parts unknown...

Comment

Went huntin' to a new area where I had permission to hunt, and placed a tree stand the day before, because of Big Buck signs, and I knew this area wouldn't be contaminated with human scent.

I arrived well before daylight, and was excited waiting for the sun to rise. About twenty minutes after dawn, I had a queasy feelin' in my stomach, from eatin' Hot Wings from the night before ...

I climbed down from my tree stand as quietly and as quickly as I could, and ran down-wind. I almost couldn't get my huntin' britches down, as a sigh of relief came over me as I just "made it in time."

After 'bout twenty minutes, I began to "clean" things up and noticed another hunter in a tree twenty five yards behind me. I buckled my belt and slowly walked over to him.

I whispered to him, "have you seen anything?"

He whispered back, " I saw everything!"

Comment

I set up a stand way deep in the woods several weeks before opening day, public land. On opening day I was in the stand 2-hours before light. At dawn I looked around and there were spots of hunter orange in every direction. Figured these were other very determined hunters. Got my buck, somehow, but found out after I dragged the buck back the way I came that there was a new logging road just 50 yards from my stand, with a large deer camp.

Comment

my uncle many years ago when i was young got a coyote call and started howling at right about night right by my treestand. As I preceeded back he hid in a patch of fir trees and when I walked by he reached out and grabbed me. He scared me so bad that i shivered for a while afterwords

Comment

My old neighbor had a coyote walk right under his stand and sleepfor acouple hours.

Had hickory nuts and squirrel poo dropped on me. Once after a day of sitting in my climber, I got down and realized I had left my bow on the e-z hanger. Busted several poachers that way.

Comment

Similar to the first post, I was in my ladder stand on my parents property when I had a guy walk up in almost a straight line to within 15 yards. He was creeping and trying to keep trees between himself and me. It appeared rather obvious that he had been "borrowing" my stand when I was not in it. Never saw him again and later than season, my stand mysteriously disappeared. I sure hope I don't see him again.

Comment

Some guy try to steal my stand while I'm out to take a lunch break!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad