Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it smart, (In the eastern upper penninsula of michigan), to shoot spikes and fork horns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it smart, (In the eastern upper penninsula of michigan), to shoot spikes and fork horns?

Is it smart, (In the eastern upper penninsula of michigan), to shoot spikes and fork horns?

It deppends who you are, in my opinion yes just dont do it a lot. I mean my first deer was a one point. It was a nine inch spike with one side broken off.

Comment

yes

Comment

Depends on what you want to accomplish. I was once a member of a deer lease with a fellow who constantly bemoaned the fact that all he ever saw were spikes and fork horns. That is because he shot the first two spikes or fork horns he saw (our state has a two buck per year limit). He refused to shoot a doe for meat, and he was afraid he would never see another buck.

In order for bucks to get old they have to live. You can't be afraid the neighbor will shoot it if you don't. If you don't have an antlerless season then you have to do what you have to do to put meat in the freezer. If you have an antlerless season, let the little guys go and shoot a doe for the freezer.

Is there anything wrong with shooting a young buck... No, if that is what you choose to do.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad