Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever find out your not the only predator using your stand? This past season a barred owl took advantage of on of my hang-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever find out your not the only predator using your stand? This past season a barred owl took advantage of on of my hang-

Anyone ever find out your not the only predator using your stand? This past season a barred owl took advantage of on of my hang-ons. Judging from that pellets it left it was a better mouse stand than deer.

I have a friend who used to make deer stands out of 55 gallon drums. He is built like a mop handle and he could actually sit in one! He would equip them with carpet and a bench seat. He would use the clamp on lids to keep them dry. One evening he forgot to put the lid on and the next morning after he quietly climbed up and swung a leg over he was met by a Bobcat who was rapidly leaving the scene. The cat clawed its way up his leg and over his shoulder, leaving not only a frazzled pair of coveralls but a frazzled hunter as well.

Comment

My son currently has a pair of flying squirrels living in the foam seat of his treestand. They would fly off (acutally glide) everytime he got into his stand. When the season ended I left the stand in the woods not wanting to disturb the little creatures. They are cute. I know they are not predators but I thought it was neat.

Comment

Some other dude used my stand. I think he was poaching.

Comment

lovetohunt dont worry i didnt see anything.

Comment

Any wild animals are permitted, poop and all. Humans keep out.

Comment

There's a certain tree with a primitive stand in the crook that a porcupine has clained. Everytime anyone hunts that seat they are suprised by the porcupine. How can we forget he is there? Dunno, but we do. He scampers out onto the end of a branch you can't believe supports him. It bends into a half circle, but he stays there for hours.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad