Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would kind of survival gear should I have in my hunting vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would kind of survival gear should I have in my hunting vehicle?

Would kind of survival gear should I have in my hunting vehicle?

there is a f&s magazine that recomends certeain things and an article about small survial kits on this magazine

Comment

In my trunk...

1 Toilet tissue
      2 Water -gallon jugs
      1 50-foot roll of 1/8 inch nylon rope
      1 10x10 ft. plastic sheet
      2 Duct tape
      1 Sleeping bag
      1 set Extra clothing
      50 Paper/plastic plates
      2 rolls Paper towels
      1 each Toothbrush &toothpaste
      1 each Shampoo, hand lotion, bar soap, hand sanitizer
      2 Disposable razor

Comment

I would a blanket to that list

Comment

I would also add an axe, a reliable way to start fire, a pot to cook in, flares (which double for starting fires as well as signaling), and a flashlight with extra batteries.

Comment

Add to the above mentioned items a well stocked medical kit. All that other stuff doesnt really matter if your bleeding out.

Comment

I’ve worked Search and Rescue for years and found you can carry allot of stuff and not have what you need. kvlazer22 has good items for starters and I will add these items too,
              A good shovel
              Heavy duty hand winch
              Small jar of Vaseline and magnesium fire stick for starting a fire. A 2x2 cloth saturated with Vaseline will burn 6 to 10 minutes.
              The #1 item is “SPOT” personnel satellite tracking unit. Costs about $150.00 and it works great! I have one and my wife can track my progress to see the location and previous locations. WWW.FINDMESPOT.COM

Comment

PS hit the "SPOT" 911 button and you will have the world coming at you!

Comment

If you dont want to spend money on SPOT, basic items are kind of what klaver mentioned, and heres the link to making a handly little survival kit.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/survival/food/2006/08/make-survival-kit-out-altoids-tin-and-two-more-life-saving-diy-

Comment

Adding to klavers list, an axe, blanket/sleeping bag, a flashlight, lighter/flint and steel, and any other reliable thing you can think of.

Comment

blanket matches flash light and a few flares

Comment

I would make that a wool blanket & throw in a wool sweater. I'd put it all in either heavey duty garbage bags (can be made into a poncho) or a 5 gallon bucket or two. you can carry water in the bucket or use it for other things. I would throw in about 5 55 gallon trash bags they come in handy and don't take up much space. 2 1 gallon ziplocks to keep my stuff dry and together and a half dozen power bars or something that will keep and is in a compact package. A good knife or 22 pistol will make things a lot easier in the food department also.

Comment

MRE's
                          550 cord
                          Plastic Bags
                          Flint or Magnesium
                          6" knife
                          Parka
                          Machete
                          Vasaline cotton balls
                          Emergency Kit
                          GPS with extra batteries
                          Water bottle/purifier
                          Heat sheets
                          gloves
                          Polypropelene gear
                          Flashlight/Headlamp

Comment

Remember the time tested saying: IT'S BETTER TO HAVE IT AND NOT NEED IT, THAN TO NEED IT AND NOT HAVE IT !!!
                            1. Leave a written “PLAN” of your hunt/trip information with friends and family, in the event of an emergency. Provide dates, locations, (hunt units), including departure and arrival. If the "EXPECTED" happens, then someone will be looking for you and they will know where to look.

Comment

2. Clothing / gear for the conditions you are in. Desert region: long sleeve shirt, wide brim hat, plenty water, ice, and ice chest. Winter Conditions: warm clothing (wool, fleece, thinsulate, gore-tex), gloves, blankets, etc.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad