Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else get buzzed by Owls, Hawks And Eagles regularly while bowhunting from a treestand?(OK, never an Eagle, But 2 out of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a bald eagle buzz a stand I was in on the bank of a small river. He was about 15 feet away, and BELOW my line of vision. Heard his wing flaps, then turned and watched him. He looked to be cruising the river for food. Awesome experience.

Comment

I had a screech owl smack me in the back of the head before light one morning while in the tree stand. It sat on a branch in front of me. I figured it was a accidental bump, but then it flew back around the back of me and did it again. Only thing I could figure was when I took my hat off that I had folded up, it did look somewhat like an owls face in the back. Guess he thought I was a competitor.

Comment

Only squirles or porkipines climbed up next to me.

Comment

My grandpa once told me that they would go out and target hawks(when it was legal) because of how much of a predator they are to quail.

Comment

I have had an hawk sat on top of my rifle once in the Tree Stand!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad