Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else get buzzed by Owls, Hawks And Eagles regularly while bowhunting from a treestand?(OK, never an Eagle, But 2 out of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else get buzzed by Owls, Hawks And Eagles regularly while bowhunting from a treestand?(OK, never an Eagle, But 2 out of

Anybody else get buzzed by Owls, Hawks And Eagles regularly while bowhunting from a treestand?(OK, never an Eagle, But 2 out of 3 aint bad)

I once had a hawk dive right at my eye balls and turned away at the last second. My eyes were the only thing not camo'd. I about fell out of my tree. I've had birds land on me. I consider that the ultimate compliment to a stealthy hunter.

Comment

I had a owl fly pretty close once or twice.

Comment

buckhunter, i agree, i felt like i was well camo'd and he was stalking my eyes. Has happened at least 4 or 5 times. Couple hawks, couple owls. Owls scarrier by a mile.

Comment

I havn't had that happen but my buddy's dad while coon hunting one time had one of those hard hats' with a light on it and an owl swooped down and scratched the hat up pretty good.

Comment

I had a red-tail swoop down and hit my turkey deke one time. It was an inflatable, I dont know he didn't pop it.

Comment

Owls and hawks, my favorite birds. Especially owls.

Comment

Never been buzzed before, but have had a chipmunk jump on me while I fell asleep.

Comment

I have had a red tailed hawk and a red shouldered hawk land on a branch about 15 feet away and just sit there for 10 minuets. I have also had a owl fly over my head at dusk walking out of the woods.

Comment

I had a grouse sit in the crook of a tree 10 feet in front of me. On the way home, one flew into my antenna. He may've been following me.

Comment

While turkey hunting owls and hawks of various species have made themselves known quite frequently, even trying to "kill" and fly away with decoys!

Comment

when i call coyotes i will have a couple hawks come in for a darn close look

Comment

I was hunting along a woodlot when a strange feeling crept up my neck. I turned around just as a great horned owl glided two feet over my head. Took my breath away. A barred owl did it again last year, just at dusk. Interrupted hawks twice that were after a squirrel and a grouse and shifted their course close enough to touch.

Comment

I have one particular stand were owls love to buzz me or check out if I am viable food source. It is quite entertaining.

Comment

I have also had a lot of luck calling in owls when calling for coyotes at night. In fact usually call in far more owls than coyotes.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad