Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever had anything climb up the tree you are hunting from.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever had anything climb up the tree you are hunting from.

Have you ever had anything climb up the tree you are hunting from.

Yes just squirels, but they can be really annoying when your trying to pay atention do a deer.

Comment

I had a drunken bowhunter climb right up and get upset because I was in what he thought was his treestand. Of course this was at 4AM, and the guy didn't have a flashlight, and was feeling his way to his stand. He climbed down and then climbed into 4 more occupied tree stands before the sun came up enough to see. The other hunters weren't so polite as I was.

Comment

A racoon once, but I spooked him before he got too close and he shot off like a rocket.

Comment

many squirrels, but towards the end of this past deer season, after watching about 6 blue birds dart back in forth in the air playing with each other, one just decided to make a break for the man shaped tree and veer off at the last second to land on a limb right beside me. It scared me but that was the most bluebirds i have ever seen at once and the closest ive ever been to one.

Comment

I had a family of illegals try to climb in my tower stand in south Texas.

Comment

Teufelhunden: I just laughed my butt off when I read that.

The usual squirrels and raccoons, but one time I was getting hassled by a small owl. He kept swooping in on my head and would land in a limb next to me. I would spook him out and he kept coming back. I just left the stand, it was almost dark anyway.

Comment

just squirrels.

Comment

Mostly squirrels and had two mate in the tree next to me... Last year I also had a Chick-a-dee land on the brim of my hat.

Comment

Just Coons.... I better be more specific, RAcoons.

Comment

no i have not.

Comment

Aside from squirrels, no. Been buzzed on many occassions by redtail hawks and large owls though. cool but scary

Comment

My cousin had a large Black Bear follow his tobacco spit right up the ladder. He had to shout at the bear a few feet away to get him(her?) to retreat. he was bowhunting

Comment

Had a squirrel come up to my boots, and some coons get close.

Comment

NO but one time when I was turkey hunting I had an incedent with an opposum. It was still dark out and I had my decoys set and was sitting up against a big old tree and I heard someting walking towards me. It was a beat up lookih opposum with no tail it walk right past my feet and was going towads my bag when I chased him off, he was about two feet away.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad