Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the weirdest thing you have ever happened to you in a tree stand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the weirdest thing you have ever happened to you in a tree stand.

What is the weirdest thing you have ever happened to you in a tree stand.

This isn't weird, I think it's happened to most, but the last and probably only tree stand I've sat in, I dozed off and I had the strangest sensation of falling. When I awoke I climbed down and covered myself with leaves and went back to sleep.

Comment

the weirdest thing I had was at about 10AM in the morning I was sitting in my tree stand 20 feet up, when these two idiots come crashing thru the woods with a 15 foot ladder stand. They came up to the tree, I called down to them, they looked around, didn't look up, and proceeded to set up their ladderstand underneath me. I hollered at them again, told them to look up, they looked around and kept right on working. Then as one went to get up on the stand, the other noticed they strapped their stand around my ladder. I kept yelling for them to look up, finally I just stood up, proceeded to relieve myself on one of them, then the guy got upset because someone peed on him. They finally after 20 minutes and getting peed on, that someone was already in the tree above them. After a few choice words, they decided that I had the higher ground and should leave. What a couple of idiots.
      Nice part was a couple hours after they left I got a shot off at a nice buck.

Comment

I had a great horned owl land on a big limb right in front of me early one morning and eat a squirrel it had caught.

Comment

Sportsman Matt,
          Did you ever find their Meth lab?

Comment

I had a dove fly into the side of my sheet metal tower stand on a windy morning. I was just about asleep and I thought someone had shot me.

Thank God for scent elimination clothing.

Comment

Years ago, back in high school, I was bow hunting in a tree stand and my younger brother was about 100 yds away in another stand. We weren't hunting very long when I heard a noise, couldn't really tell what it was, but it was pretty loud. A few minutes later my brother comes walking up by me; at first I was a little upset with him, didn't know why he was out of the stand so early. I noticed he was a little upset when he got closer so I got down to see what was the matter. Come to find out, there was a little breeze that night and a limb broke off the tree he was in and came straight for him. He had to jump out of the tree to keep from getting hit by the limb. I walked down to check it out and the limb completely took out the stand. I'm glad he was paying attention, because he is my hunting partner and we have enjoyed several hunts since then.

Comment

Some dude walked through the woods to about 40 yards from my stand he had a shotgun. He did'nt see me, even after my dad yelled at him. It was about 2 years ago in the youth hunt.

Comment

I know someone who was 30 feet up in a tree and had burlap on top of him a hawk almost sat down on him.

Comment

The tree next to me fell over without warning - gets your attention. On another occasion, when it finally got light, I saw movement, turned and was eye to eye with a porcupine. Lucky for me that he was in the next tree.

Comment

I have been buzzed by both hawks and owls, they turn away at the last second when they realize i'm bigger than them.

Comment

Had a young squirrel sit on my head.

Comment

I had a hawk sit on top of my rifle!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad