Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any one hunt with a traditional muzzle loader or is it all inline these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any one hunt with a traditional muzzle loader or is it all inline these days?

any one hunt with a traditional muzzle loader or is it all inline these days?

I still use an old 50 Hawken, fine shooter for patched round ball with the 1 in 66 twist.

Comment

I use inline

Comment

T/C 50 cal Renegade. 80 grns with patched round ball is deadly. Open sites. It has dropped it's share of deer over the years.

Comment

sorry i use inline.

Comment

I have 3 inlines, one 50 caliber custom made Pennsylvania Flintlock Longrifle and a 50 cal Caplock Hatfield Mountain rifle (looks like a big Hawken, real one not the thing TC makes). The Flinter is definitely my favorite.

Comment

I personnaly use a inline but i know of many people who use flintlocks.

Comment

I have a traditional one that I use on occasion, but I usually use my Omega.

Comment

I use a traditional T/C Hawken .50. Some states, like Idaho only allow traditional.

Comment

Inline for me.

Comment

YOUR NOT ALONE I HAVE ON. i don't own an inline and prefer the tradditional

Comment

Percussion Cabela's (Pedersoli) .50 cal Blue Ridge, 1:48. Also, an inline Austen & Halleck .50 cal.

Del, if that Hatfield gets to be an eyesore to you let me know.

Comment

I own neither, but will be buying an inline soon. Some states still have flintlock only seasons

Comment

I prefer and always will traditional style rifles. I scratch build guns for my family and friends. I hunt with both flint and percussion rifles loaded with patched round balls and real black powder. I really like hunting with my flint locks!

Comment

I use T/C Encore. My dad uses a Savage Ml-10.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad