Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvested a nice buck this year just wanted to know if I should insure it, if so how much. 24 point non typical 226 3/8 net.Hig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvested a nice buck this year just wanted to know if I should insure it, if so how much. 24 point non typical 226 3/8 net.Hig

Harvested a nice buck this year just wanted to know if I should insure it, if so how much. 24 point non typical 226 3/8 net.Highest scoring deer at the missouri whitetail classic.

You should be able to purchase a rider on your homeowners insurance policy. I would say $10,000 would be a good amount. Make sure the rider is for the stated amount and not what the insurance compay thinks is the actual cash value. It may save you a lot of agruing in the future.

Congrats. That's one heck of a deer!

You got any pics?

Comment

Yes, like buckhunter says..."Where are the pictures?" That's one hell of a buck. I'd love to see it. Do all of your fellow members a favor and show us what a true duke looks like. Congrats!!!!! Was it a farm or private land? Tell us the story.

Comment

i want to see the pics if you got any. to answer your question i would do the same as buckhunter.

Comment

I would have it insured, something like that you can't replace on your own. I'm like everyone else, I want to see some pictures of that monster.

Comment

I know of someone who sold a typical, 204 3/8, for $25,000 dollars. I personally wouldn't have sold it ... he's sorry that he did!
            I'd insure it for more than $10,000 dollars. That's a good startin' point.
            Did you ever post the picture of the buck?

Comment

That's a hell of a buck, congrats! That said, i never want to be OVERinsured.

Comment

Ditto Buckhunter

Comment

You guys can see a 242 inch 31 pt non-typical bowkill by Steve Binkley (southern Iowa very close to MO) by checking my photos. I took the pic of the buck with the Taxidermist that did the mount. A B&C official said this is one of the 3 best in the last 2 years nationwide.
                  dwalker1 I for one would sure like to see your deer also.

Comment

You'll probably need an appraisal before they will insure it. Not even sure who to go to for an appraisal though. If your homeowners won't insure it there are a couple of specialty companies that will. Your agent should be able to work with them.

Comment

I forgot to tell you, the 204 3/8ths, is the one in my avatar ... it's the Kentucky State record,Typical.

Comment

Agreed with buckhunter answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad