Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you guys paying for taxidermy? A whitetail shoulder mount? $450-550 here. To tan a deer hide? I paid $80 but got quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I paid $320.00!!!

Leave a comment:

• PotterMan96
    replied
    I paid $250 for a shoulder mount that was done by a man that I know in Zanesville.

Leave a comment:

• lovetohunt
    replied
    My friend paid $380.

Leave a comment:

• tourneyking734
    replied
    In maine its around 300 dollars for a good taxidermist, with others its a little cheaper

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    ~$400 for a medium elk hide.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    It is usualy around $400-$500 dollars where I hunt in Ohio. I never priced getting a hide tanned.

Leave a comment:

• kolbster
    replied
    i paid $300 and had mine back in less than 6 months.

Leave a comment:

• huskerguy
    replied
    It's about the same price in Nebraska.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    $450 will buy you quality her in GA. Less will bring, well less... Leather tanning (deer hides)runs anywhere from $25 to $100 depending on the source and the process.

Leave a comment:

• s-kfry
    replied
    I am having a euro mount done, am paying $250 for it. Of course, mine is being cleaned by beetles rather than boiling, but beetles were cheaper than boiling (in Colorado Springs at least) and I like the finished product better.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    I paid $425 for a very nice pedestool mount and $350 for a crappy wall mount. I say check out your taxidermist references first and spend a little extra if you can for a good mount.

I'm in Ohio.

Leave a comment:

• idduckhntr
    replied
    Its around $550 for a shoulder mount and 650 to $700 for a bear rug and I about 850 for elk mount.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    I think a year is standard. I was paying well over $500 but got both back in june of the following year. 6 months ain't bad. In the northeast.

Leave a comment:

• rrmont
    replied
    It's $400 here in the panhandle of TX, but it takes a year to get it back.

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    I paid 350 for a shoulder mount here in AR.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad