Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you have ever got a ticket from a game warden.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you have ever got a ticket from a game warden.

How many of you have ever got a ticket from a game warden.

Never. Tried to take my buck once though. 16" wide 10pt. Said i shot it at 5 pm when i shot it at 4:20. Luckily we had a field photo on a cell phone with the time. That deer was retrieved, and dressed before 5pm. Warden actually reset his watch. Last day of PA rifle season. They have since added an extra half hour of shooting light.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Parking ticket. To launch from a boat ramp had to use a "self pay station" and forgot to bring small bills. No place with in miles to make change plus it was bout 530am. Wasn't going to let it ruin my fishing trip and launched anyway. Came back and found a ticket on my windshield. Would have been mad but I had a limit of slab crappie that day. well worth it.

Comment

no. never...

Comment

No I haven't put myself in that situation.

Comment

Yeah I did and its kind of a funny story. I was moving from one piece of property to another I had to cross the county road on my horse. Well about that time Mr Warden shows up sees me on the horse with the rifle in the scabbard. He says Sir is that rifle loaded and I say yes it is. He said you'll have to unload it and I'm giving you a ticket for hunting from a county road. I said I wasn't hunting from the road I was crossing it, and if he wanted the gun unloaded he'll have to do it himself, the horse was gunshy and I wasn't getting thrown. Well I handed him my rifle and got both ands on the horn. When he let the bolt go forward that horse did his best to put me in orbit including running into the fence row. After things calmed a bit I told Mr Warden see it told you I wasn't hunting from the road, he gave me the ticket anyway.

Comment

I got a ticket once, I was trying to find a place to primative camp. Once we found a place we parked and set up the tents. We started a controlled fire and all was well. About 10 minutes later the Warden pulls up, I greeted him and he asked if that was my fire? Of course it is, well there was a ban on burning in the forest that I did not know about and a dumb law on camping within 200 yards of a man made structure or road. Thats bull, but he ended up giving me and my friend a ticket for leaving the road way to unload our cars.

Comment

I never had luckly.

Comment

Never.

Comment

Never

Nate

Comment

It seems that wardens in NC are not out to help the public, but to break their balls. I am yet to meet a warden who was not a complete ass hole. No tickets though.

Comment

I had a buddy who thought muzzle loading season ended on a Monday, when it actually ended on Sunday. He comes walking out of the woods, in the evening with a borrowed gun on his shoulder.

The game warden asked if he killed anything,and he said no. The warden said to be glad, that the season ended the day before, and that he could confiscate the muzzle loader. My buddy got to keep the gun and recieved a $162.00 ticket ... he felt lucky!

Comment

One for a unloaded uncased gun in the back of my truck going from one section of the farm to the next hunting coyotes. It was less than a mile on a dirt road. I was the lazy idiot and I deserved it.

Comment

Never!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rest Easy
                                by 99explorer
                                Even if the Democrats take the White House and the Senate, it will still take 60 Senate votes to kill the filibuster, because of the filibuster!
                                Today, 03:02 PM
                              • Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                                Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by jhjimbo
                                They know IF Trump wins and holds the Senate and picks up some down ticket it will mean the end of the Dem party for at least ten years if not more....
                                Today, 02:39 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                I am most pleased with the Barrett confirmation, now we only need to see the fallout from the D’s. With the reelection of Trump, probably not too much...
                                Today, 01:18 PM
                              • Reply to Rest Easy
                                by crm3006
                                "I was chastised by 99explorer"

#1 Bubba, I was bitten by a mosquito a couple of days ago that bothered me a whole lot more than...
                                Today, 01:03 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X