Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a 25-06 and used it for whitetail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    rudyglove27
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• PAShooter
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• PAShooter
    replied
    Great whitetail gun.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• DakotaMan
    replied
    I have used my .25-06 for 42 years at this point with about 50,000 rounds fired (on my 4th barrel). Lots of deer, coyotes, antelope and thousands of prairie dogs. For varmints, it beats the pants off .22 calibers after 250 yards. I love it.. as deadly as most magnums for anything up to deer sized game, low recoil (helps improve accuracy with no desire no flinch), and it is FAST. I went to it because of trouble leading fast running coyotes at 200-400 yards. The speed allowed me to hit much better on running coyotes and deer.. the bullet hits where the cross hair is until you get way out there. I use the 100 grain Hornady for deer and have NEVER had one go farther than 70 yds... most drop like a wet rag. This bullet penetrates end to end and the speed shocks them off their feet. I have shot thousands of 75g bullets at prairie dogs. You can shoot hundreds in a session because of low recoil. Only problem for deer is that it is NOT a brush gun... too fast and it is easily deflected in heavy brush (although I still carry mine in the trees and have to pick shots). I shoot many other calibers but if I need to hit something for sure, I use my 25-06 out to 400 yds. Get at LEAST a 24" barrel. If you want to hunt a lot of varmints, consider a 1 in 12 twist. For deer, a 1 in 10 is standard. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• steve182
    replied
    almost a perfect round for deer, whitetail or otherwise

Leave a comment:

• platte river rat

• platte river rat
    replied
    My T-C Encore in 25-06 is hard to beat for either mule or whitetails. I use a Barnes 100 gr TSXBT MagPro powder--Federal match primer--Remington brass--at 3300 fps--none have made over 5 yds--all bullets are pass throughs--

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• ishawooa
    replied
    When I lived in the south the longest one shot kill I ever made on a whitetail was with my semi-custom Springfield in .25-'06 at, sounds like a lie, 257 yards. Unfortunately the deer had some sort of skin disease upon close examination, lots of bare spots with no hair, red and scaly, plus his belly hair was probably three inches long. My buds and I never knew what was wrong with him. He was a better than decent 4 x 4 mature buck with long brow tines.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• steve182
    replied
    Don't have one, but i want one! i will use it for deer at that time. No reason you shouldnt too

Leave a comment:

• Ed J
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Ed J
    replied
    I used a custom Mauser for 40+ yrs on praire dogs to elk. As Ishawoa says flat , fast , and fun.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad