Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are box stands great for deer hunting

are box stands great for deer hunting

I prefer climbers, but box stands are definitely very effective. It all depends on the terrain.

Comment

There are alot of them on my club, but I only use them if its pouring down rain, or if I get a late start and don't want to mess with a climber. My two favorite spots to hunt are 50 feet from a box blind. I would rather sit comfortably in my summit viper than on lawn furniture.

Comment

yeah the only time i would hunt in a box is if it was raining or if the wind was blowin real bad

Comment

They are good if they are in a good location. They are comfortable, but deer can get suspicious of them if they are used too much and will avoid the area or only come in after dark.

Comment

Box blinds and pop-up ground blinds are really a great asset to still-hunters who do not have access to suitable tree stand material, and to those who prefer not to climb trees.
            They help to obscure the movements hunters make in shifting around to get comfortable over long periods, and I think they help to contain human scent somewhat.
            Experience has shown that deer soon become accustomed to new structures present in their habitat.

Comment

yeah if they are camoed good and are scent free

Comment

yeah, better for rifle than bow.

Comment

I have hunted from a box blind for 4 years, and have had deer 4 yards away, if you make them right, you will be invisible to the deer, if not, you will be very disappointed.

Comment

Box stands are great for a gun, but kind of difficult for bow hunting. I shot my first 8 point this fall in one

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad