Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite catch or kill of all time. All comments welcome. Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite catch or kill of all time. All comments welcome. Thanks!

What is your favorite catch or kill of all time. All comments welcome. Thanks!

I am going to go with my first buck. A 5-pointer that I shot with my 870 in Iowa.

Comment

my favorite is my fisrt kill it was a ground hog

Comment

My first deer and hunting trip. Hike 2.4 miles into mountains, where I always hike and fish, and sat from dawn to dusk. A nice 225 lb. 9 point walk out just as shooting time was ending. Loved it all except for having to drag the deer back to the truck.

Comment

Mine was my 30" wide mule deer. He was a three by three point aged at 10 years old with a huge body. Most likely a once in a life time deer.

Comment

My first elk. It was a perfect end to a perfect morning. I watched the sun slip into the valley below from up on the mountain at 8,000 ft. Just as the sun appeared a wolf howled from the facing slope. Watching a game trail at 9,000 ft. all that came out were a pair of coyotes. Only one survived. With predators in that game pass I moved to the next trail lower down. As I approached, three elk walked out of the timber and stopped to look at me. I dropped the lead cow in her tracks at 100 yards. And there we were in the golden morning light filling the timbered valley below the hunter kneeling in the snow beside his prey offering a prayer of thanksgiving on the backside of a ridge in the Rockies, at the top of the world.

Comment

I'm going to give a tie to all my "firsts". It's tough to rate my first turkey over my first archery deer over my first native brookie on a nymph. All great moments...here's to hoping they keep coming.

Comment

My first brook trout. It was a small one but the beauty of that fish, sparkling with colors and a living brilliance I had never before seen, took my breath away and sealed my fate as a flyfisherman.

Comment

A Tarpon I caught when I was 12.

Comment

1. my wife
                    2. her folks getting property by saginaw bay, MI
                    3. my daughter (8/27/09)
                    4. 7pt buck (see photos) 11/16/09

Comment

Matt Wasson: I hope for your sake answers 1, 2, and 3 are you favorite catches.

Comment

Watching my wife shoot her first buck.

Comment

my first turkey (see pics)

Comment

my father and i killed two turkeys this spring with the same gun within about 20 seconds. not my first turkey but the most memorable. they were both 19 lbs with 9 inch beards, like twins. the third gobbler got away with all 8 hens, it was a lucky day for him too.

Comment

Hey streack your funny I should have put 3 before 2 but htis is how they all came into play and yes all three of us are doing GREAT! oh even the outlaws are good folk!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Abortion Up To States
                                by 99explorer
                                When an appeals court reviews a case, it looks at past rulings on the subject for a precedent, as the question of law may already have been decided....
                                Today, 11:11 AM
                              • Abortion Up To States
                                by jhjimbo
                                Court reversed abortion, back to the States where it should have been in the first place. Let them vote on it.
                                Yesterday, 12:22 PM
                              • Reply to TGIF; Party Time
                                by PigHunter
                                Right Said Fred - "I'm Too Sexy"

And I'm too sexy for your party
                                Too sexy for your party
                                No way I'm disco dancing...
                                Today, 10:21 AM
                              • TGIF; Party Time
                                by fitch270
                                Almost, Friday evening actually but looking for a play list, lol.

Getting it rolling with The Cars.

06-22-2022, 10:06 AM
                              • Reply to You guys are sleeping
                                by 99explorer
                                I think what you are saying is that our elected officials would disarm the public to prevent an armed insurrection.
                                Not for reasons of public safety,...
                                Today, 10:16 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X