Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im looking for a good arrow to shoot out of my mathews bow its pulling 55lbs i was shooting Beman ics arrows but they all have b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im looking for a good arrow to shoot out of my mathews bow its pulling 55lbs i was shooting Beman ics arrows but they all have b

Im looking for a good arrow to shoot out of my mathews bow its pulling 55lbs i was shooting Beman ics arrows but they all have broken i wont somthing more derable any ideas

I would go to your local pro shop, and contact Beman about the issue. Maybe between the three of you, you can come up with a solution and the reason why this is happening.

Comment

Easton Axis Full Metal Jackets. You will loose some speed but the are supposed to be very very tough.

Also Easton A/C/C Pro Hunters, they are very expensive but they are lighter and people say equally as tough as the FMJ's.

Comment

I have never heard of this. Are your arrows the right weight for your draw weight? If they are not, then that can cause some serious issues. Your arros should say on the package whether or not they are weighted for your bow. They should also say if they have the right "spine" for your draw weight. The spine is to tell you whether or not the arrow is strong enough for the force of your bow shot. If they are not the right weight and spine, you need to get new ones.

Oh, a tip for good arrow weight is your arrow should weigh at least six grains for every pound of draw force you are shooting.

Comment

ALSO THE WEIGHT OF YOUR ARROW TIP BE IT FIELD POINT OR BROADHEAD ALSO HAS TO MATCH. WHEN YOU GET NEW ARROWS THERE ARE 3 MAJOR FACTORS IN MATCHING YOUR ARROW TO HAVING THE PROPER ARROW.

1) DRAW WEIGHT
          2) DRAW LENGTH
          3) TIP WEIGHT

AND IF YOU ARE BETWEEN 2 DIFFERENT ARROW WEIGHTS ALWAYS GO A LITTLE STIFFER ON YOUR ARROW WEIGHT RATHER THAN LIGHTER. AS MENTIONED ABOVE HAVING TOO LIGHT OF ARROW WILL CAUSE YOU MAJOR PROBLEMS.

Comment

Beman ICS arrows have been what I have used for many years now, I shoot 70# and have not had any issues. In fact, I was depressed that my buck this year snapped my lucky arrow - he was the fourth deer I took with that arrow. Some of my arrows have been shot thousands of times and the only ones that have broken were my own fault for missing my target and hitting something hard or else ones that snapped off in a deer. If they are breaking without hitting something solid you have something out of whack with your set-up and should listen to the posts above.

Comment

THe best are Bemon ICS hunters 400 i shoot them out of my recurve and my coumpond

Comment

I like Carbon Express arrows, they are very durable and seem to last forever. Its kind of hard to say whats the best, but Bowhunter Magazine gave the Easton Full Metal Jackets the gold this year.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad