Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What, in your opinion, is the most important piece of equipment you take on a hunt (besides rifle, bow, bullets, etc.)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two partners, blankets and food (in the truck knives,cell phone for emergency communications, extra pair of boots,socks,rain gear,for better insulation over other layers.)

Comment

Knife, compass, and fire starter. You can do anything you need to do to survive with those three things. A good sharpening stone would not be a bad thing to have on hand either.

Comment

I am surprised that nobody has suggested a GPS navigation device, and only one passing mention of a cell phone. Could it be that they rely on batteries?

Comment

If hunting in an area where you get cell service (which does not always apply for me) a cell phone kept on a readily accessible outer pocket. Too many stories of people suspended by their safety harness, with broken legs, etc. not to take advantage of this device. I hate phones, but have broken down and now take one to the woods with me (on vibrate mode) A small first aid kit always goes with me also along with a compass.

Comment

I take a phone as well. I have taken a tourniquette as well as field dressings. Bandaids don't always do the job. But if I'm hunting a familiar spot I only carry a phone. Usually my dad or brother head out to my location within an hour or so if I go out alone and they decide to hunt.

Comment

water

Comment

Like above stated will be water, compass, MRE's and "SPOT" for Emergency!!!

Comment

my survival kit that i pack in my backpack and it has pretty much anything that i will need if i get lost

Comment

Most cell phones have GPS, if you dial 911 they will find you.

Comment

ALL ABOVE IS EXCELLENT IDEAS. IN ADDITION TO WHAT HAS BEEN MENTIONED I THINK ONE THING EVERYBODY AS FORGOTTEN TO MENTION HAVING TOP QUALITY HUNTING CLOTHES AND BEING DRESSED PROPERLY FOR THE CLIMATE YOUR HUNTING IN AND ALSO DRESSING IN LAYERS. ALL THIS IS JUST AS IF NOT MORE IMPORTANT AS ALL MENTIONED ABOVE. IF YOUR NOT DRESSED PROPERLY YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SIT COMFORTABLY IN YOUR STAND AS LONG AND MOSTLY YOU CAN GET HYPOTHERMIA IF YOUR NOT PROPERLY DRESSED FOR LONG HOURS IN THE COLD.

Comment

knife

Comment

A good pair of boots!

Comment

Toilet paper, matches and water.

Comment

picture of a loved one, and some good dry matches

Comment

2 knives, 3 methods of making fire, pocket emergency blanket, water, TP

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad