Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What, in your opinion, is the most important piece of equipment you take on a hunt (besides rifle, bow, bullets, etc.)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What, in your opinion, is the most important piece of equipment you take on a hunt (besides rifle, bow, bullets, etc.)?

What, in your opinion, is the most important piece of equipment you take on a hunt (besides rifle, bow, bullets, etc.)?

Tts a tie between my compass and the emergency Bick lighter that I keep in a tied off balloon. Both have saved my bacon a couple of times

Comment

knife or compass probably

Comment

It's not really one thing--my first aid/survival kit--spare knife, lighter & matches, antiseptic, bandages, deet, fishhooks, & a few other useful items in a small dry bag.

Comment

I would say either a compass or a fire-starter if there is a likelihood of getting lost and having to spend the night in the woods.
          But a first-aid kit if there is a greater likelihood of a medical emergency.
          If I had to pick just one, I'd go with the fire-starter, assuming we are deer hunting. Duck hunters might have other preferences.

Comment

Always it's my suvival kit,which includes most if not all of the items listed above.I try to be ready for anything that could happen,even minor surgery/suttures.

Comment

Compass

Comment

Compasses (at least two). Then knives (at least two).

Comment

I would say survival kit.

Comment

survival kit

Comment

When you deer hunt in a Texas County with antler restrictions, you need a good pair of binoculars. Bucks don’t have rulers on their antlers, but the Game Wardens do.

Comment

I would say take a survival kit somthing bright like a rolled up flag and a small whistle to incase you needed to tell someone your position if you needed help

Comment

Well I don't know about any of you but I would rather a comfortable seat over a compass!

Comment

A good map is amazing, for survival and success.

Comment

The next generation... a youth or a new hunter.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad