Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you trust shooting an arrow through the mesh in a ground blind when bowhunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I don't trust it at all!!!

Leave a comment:

• shane mcelroy
    replied
    i do when using a small fixed blade other than that i wont do it

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    I would not trust a mesh net either!! It has to affect your arrow at least a little.

Leave a comment:

• hjohn429
    replied
    No! If you pull to the side at the shot, your shot is gonna be way off.

Leave a comment:

• herbie57_57
    replied
    Yeah I haven't had a chance to actually do it but the guys I know who have have had problems. One of my friends gut shot a buck at about 25 when he shot through the mesh, he said it should have been and easy shot but the mesh plus some buck fever through off the shot.

Leave a comment:

• koeka
    replied
    only for 15 yrd shots, 20 is the farthest I'd go

Leave a comment:

• wallofsam
    replied
    I agree with everyone... no mechanicals only fixed blades, make sure your window is open enough so you don't shoot through it, and my blind says not to shoot a gun through it or it will catch fire.

Leave a comment:

• T
    replied
    I don't trust it either guys.

Leave a comment:

• sayerbefiddlin
    replied
    I have shot my compound through it but when I shot my recurve through it the arrow lost alot of its energy and fell short of the doe.

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    No problems, but I use a fixed blade. Never tried it with mechanicals.

Leave a comment:

• rrmont
    replied
    There's no way that I would risk shooting through the window, too many things that could go wrong.

Leave a comment:

• ETangler
    replied
    Better safe than sorry, open them up.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    No. I do not trust it. I have the windows completely open when I shoot.

Leave a comment:

• adaboshi
    replied
    I've shot through the screen windows on mine in practice and seemed to do fine. One thing bad that did happen to me once; I was looking through the peep down to my pin seeing my target just perfect BUT the arrow is 2 or so inches below the pins and when I released, the arrow passed through the solid fabric below the bottom edge of the window!

Leave a comment:

• mdhager115
    replied
    I've always thought bowhunting through a blind is risky. I just dont like the idea of shooting from inside a structure.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad