Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I havent broke down and bought a stabilizer yet, do I really need one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I havent broke down and bought a stabilizer yet, do I really need one?

I havent broke down and bought a stabilizer yet, do I really need one?

yes you really need one.

Comment

You can hunt without one (I did for a while) but you can get a good one for about $20 bucks from Bass Pro or Cabela's and it will make your bow a littler more quiet. It also balances the bow and deadens the recoil somewhat. Now that I use one wouldn't be caught dead without it. Can't see any advantage to buying the high priced one's tho.Can't remember the brand name but it has shock rods and comes in 3 lengths. I have the long one they are all the same price. Last year it was 1995 at BP. I bought the short one for my daughter.

Comment

Absolutely, you'll notice the difference. I agree with Del in KS, a mid priced one is all you need. Try it you'll like it!

Comment

I used to think they were not important until I tried one. My cost $12 used from the range that I shoot at.

Comment

I havent shot with one for years but I do agree the reason to have one is for quietness and shock absorbsion. I belived that it was just added weight to my bow. I do not like to carry around a heavy bow. But the stabilizers I have heard of lately might not be so bad. I might rethink it.

Comment

Yea, because they make you much steadier. They also dont cost very much. You can get a good one for $20.

Comment

It will reduce vibration and balance your bow. It is by no means required though but highly reccomended.

Comment

You'll tighten your groups, and eliminate hand shock and vibration that is tranferred from your limbs to the riser of your bow. As above everyone is mentioning a $20.00 one, which I believe is the Limbsaver S-Coil, which I have and pretty much most bowhunters use.

Comment

Try a few at a pro shop. I have several and found that each has different effects on my bow. Ended up using a combination to help both balance and vibration. My groups are noticeably better.

Comment

if you are going to hold your draw for awhile till you get that shot? most definitely...

Comment

If I were you I would definitely buy one. They do help alot.

Comment

I don't know if you "need" one BUT next to a release a 9 or more inch stabilizer is one of the most accuracy improving pieces of equipment you can buy.

Comment

You don't NEED one but it will help your accurracy, quiet and balance your bow. The Simms S coils are great and fairly cheap. Get one. They are compact too. 9" is not needed or practical for hunting

Comment

I would deffinetly suggest buying one even if you are already a good shot.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to More Bad News....
                                by jhjimbo
                                So sorry for your loss....
                                Today, 10:40 AM
                              • More Bad News....
                                by WA Mtnhunter
                                My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
                                07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
                              • Reply to More Bad News....
                                by Amflyer
                                Thanks for letting us know. There's no words. Sometimes I wonder if what's between humans and dogs may be the perfect bond, at least in this existence....
                                Today, 10:26 AM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                "... not a racist except in that I support the white condition without being a nazi or white supremacy nut." So you are a racist, just not a...
                                Today, 09:38 AM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X