No announcement yet.

Archery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My former boss prefers to archery hunt whitetails during the late pre rut and rut much the same way as guys bow hunt elk. On the ground with a grunt tube to call them in. Sometimes blind calling and sometimes in a spot and stalk set up. He really enjoys taking someone out and putting a buck right in their lap. He’s fairly successful at it. Quite often guys blow the opportunity because they can’t believe it’s happening.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captured 2004-12-04 00002.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	379.2 KB
ID:	780827
      Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
      My former boss prefers to archery hunt whitetails during the late pre rut and rut much the same way as guys bow hunt elk. On the ground with a grunt tube to call them in. Sometimes blind calling and sometimes in a spot and stalk set up. He really enjoys taking someone out and putting a buck right in their lap. He’s fairly successful at it. Quite often guys blow the opportunity because they can’t believe it’s happening.
      My Avitar is my ground blind at a junction of three deer trails, on the edge of a swamp and at the bottom of an escape run up a good size hill. My ATV was in back when a 8pt came from the left. He was spectacular and I wanted to take a pic before shooting - gun season. Well, my camera made a little noise when I turned it on and he was outa there. He had the whitest antlers I have ever seen - probably won't make it through the gun or archery seasons stuck out like a neon sign.
      this was on my land so maybe no one else will see him.
      Last edited by jhjimbo; 09-20-2021, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Captured 2004-12-04 00002.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	379.2 KB
ID:	780827

My Avitar is my ground blind at a junction of three deer trails, on the edge of a swamp and at the bottom of an escape run up a good size hill. My ATV was in back when a 8pt came from the left. He was spectacular and I wanted to take a pic before shooting - gun season. Well, my camera made a little noise when I turned it on and he was outa there. He had the whitest antlers I have ever seen - probably won't make it through the gun or archery seasons stuck out like a neon sign.
        this was on my land so maybe no one else will see him.
        Your avatar is your face and has been for quite some time.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The 25th Amendment
          by bowhunter75richard
          It is rather shocking, although it should not be, since it involves rr ! He appears to have no concerns, worries or ill thoughts of the possibility that...
          Today, 03:01 PM
        • The 25th Amendment
          by FirstBubba
          Kamala refers to "Creepy" Joe as the Titanic!
          Dr. Jill keeps asking if they can use the 25th Amendment to remove a sitting VEEP! LOL!...
          Yesterday, 07:02 PM
        • Reply to The Greatest
          by jhjimbo
          Benoit family was from Vermont although I am sure they hunted Maine as well....
          Today, 02:02 PM
        • The Greatest
          by jhjimbo
          Subject: Great Hunters

Great story about great hunters. Check out the stock on Larry Benoits' Remington 760, 30-06.In the Adirondacks there...
          Yesterday, 10:03 AM
        • Reply to The Greatest
          by jhjimbo
          o.k., i'll try that - I thinkk I hit select all.

I highlighted the paragraph and hit the 'I' and nothing happened except the highlight was...
          Today, 02:00 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X