Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proverbs View Post
    September 5th in Montana.

Maybe it's Murphy's Law at work, maybe it's the strange weather we've been having, or maybe it's something else, but here's how the last week has progressed in my back yard, which is adjacent to forest:

*Since opening day I've had two shooter Whitetail bucks in my field within 15 yards. They stick together and have been here twice during daylight hours!

*I've had two Toms, one of which is huge that I couldn't get to come in close enough during the Spring hunt, within easy arrow reach.

*Had a herd of about 30 elk, including one raghorn bull, that decided to use my back yard to have a mid-day rest. They actually bedded for about an hour, which is the first time they've done so in my yard. This herd only comes around only a few times a year that I know of, and it's usually around 4 a.m.

None of these wildlife encounters meant much because right before opener I got a severe burn on my hand/thumb and can't shoot my bow.
    Sorry to hear all this , I hope your hand heals quickly . Teased by all that game seems like a problem we all need . Hope you get out there soon.

Comment

September 5th in Montana.

Maybe it's Murphy's Law at work, maybe it's the strange weather we've been having, or maybe it's something else, but here's how the last week has progressed in my back yard, which is adjacent to forest:

*Since opening day I've had two shooter Whitetail bucks in my field within 15 yards. They stick together and have been here twice during daylight hours!

*I've had two Toms, one of which is huge that I couldn't get to come in close enough during the Spring hunt, within easy arrow reach.

*Had a herd of about 30 elk, including one raghorn bull, that decided to use my back yard to have a mid-day rest. They actually bedded for about an hour, which is the first time they've done so in my yard. This herd only comes around only a few times a year that I know of, and it's usually around 4 a.m.

None of these wildlife encounters meant much because right before opener I got a severe burn on my hand/thumb and can't shoot my bow.
      It’s 2020, need I say more?

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

It’s 2020, need I say more?
        That's probably it! Last year I was ready and waiting for an opportunity like one of these, and it just didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
          Maryland it’s today 9/11 , I just walked in from helping my son get his deer out of the woods . Filled a doe tag .
          I was in MD 09/09/2020.
          I had never been there. All the ag crops was amazing...and beautiful!
          Also got to wander around Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Delaware, too.
          On our way to Mount Vernon, we saw vineyard after vineyard spread across hillsides.
          Corn and soybeans everywhere.

Congrats on the kid taking to doe! From what I've seen, she should have been fat as mud! LOL!

Comment

That's probably it! Last year I was ready and waiting for an opportunity like one of these, and it just didn't happen.
            The best laid plans of mice and men....!

Bummer on the hand, hope it heals soon.
            I'm still dealing with a 2019 shoulder surgery.
            Shotgunning is .410 only. Rifle is AR or .22LR. Archery is nonexistent!

I'd hate to see you get used to not having to work too hard to locate game! LOL!

Comment

This may be a better season for me. I've successfully switched our nights at the bar from every other Saturday to Sundays. This will totally free up Saturdays for outdoor adventures.
              Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

I can't wait for our season to open

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad