Opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opener

October 1st is our archery deer opener when is yours?

Just moving spam
    Last edited by Danbo; 09-09-2020, 06:03 PM.

If you mean archery deer, it's September 15

Comment

Yep it's the bow hunting thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post
        Yep it's the bow hunting thread.
        Didn't see that.🙄🤦🏻‍♂️

Comment

It will be October 15th here. Which reminds me, I need to adjust the new sight I recently put on my old compound bow.
          Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Oct 1 in OK, I'm just not a bow hunter.

Comment

Ny wants to reopen deer season after Christmas.

Comment

Maryland it’s today 9/11 , I just walked in from helping my son get his deer out of the woods . Filled a doe tag .

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
                  Maryland it’s today 9/11 , I just walked in from helping my son get his deer out of the woods . Filled a doe tag .
                  Congratulations to you and your son.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

Congratulations to you and your son.
                    Thank you Danbo, , mostly my participation has been cutting shooting lanes , setting up stands and deer dragging! Lol. Danbo kudos to you for your anti spamming efforts. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
                      Ditto on the congratulations. What were the hunt details? From a treestand or ground?
                      Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

PH , Frank my youngest son arrowed a mature doe from his treestand , the range was 12 yards. We have several stands and ground blinds set up throughout this property . Cameras are showing right now many doe’s and small bucks . There are pictures of a 140 plus buck that survived the season last year and was back in velvet. Frank shot this doe for the freezer and will now hunt for bucks , he is really excited for the rut with all the doe’s ( bait lol) he is seeing ! He shoots a Hoyt compound bow. He told me the mosquitos are horribly bad right now where he is hunting . We took his deer to a processed last night and we saw some real nice bucks killed yesterday . Two heavy 8’s that would make any hunter happy.

Comment

Some suggested going to outdoor life .
                          The spammers will just follow the activity.

Comment

September 14th is opening day here in Kansas.

Comment

September 5th in Montana.

Maybe it's Murphy's Law at work, maybe it's the strange weather we've been having, or maybe it's something else, but here's how the last week has progressed in my back yard, which is adjacent to forest:

*Since opening day I've had two shooter Whitetail bucks in my field within 15 yards. They stick together and have been here twice during daylight hours!

*I've had two Toms, one of which is huge that I couldn't get to come in close enough during the Spring hunt, within easy arrow reach.

*Had a herd of about 30 elk, including one raghorn bull, that decided to use my back yard to have a mid-day rest. They actually bedded for about an hour, which is the first time they've done so in my yard. This herd only comes around only a few times a year that I know of, and it's usually around 4 a.m.

None of these wildlife encounters meant much because right before opener I got a severe burn on my hand/thumb and can't shoot my bow.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad