Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hunting Public...latest

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Hunting Public...latest

    Last (latest) two vids on Youtube
    Pretty cool.

    Watch " we got a shot " first and then the one after ( posted yesterday ).


  • #2


    Comment


    • #3
      Me and you like a lot of same shows this prager u and now field sports! I like the Chinese hunt and when they toured United States gun shop

      Comment


      • #4
        I had the first 13 "Monster Buck" videos with Jordan, Blanton, Waddell and the gang. Really enjoyed them. Tried some Knight & Hale. Those guys are a hoot! But after a while, it just got boring.
        Watched a few episodes of "Meat eater" and it wasn't too bad. Just too much mindless chatter. Reminded me of Woody Allen or Alan Alda! I just wanted them to SHUT UP! LOL!
        I'm at the stage now where I want to take my own photos and vids!
        I really don't give a rip what the other guys are doing.
        Want to pique my interest?
        Write me your hunting journal entry with a pic or two!
        Like fitch270 did with his son's MT hunt!
        THAT!!!! ...is awesome and stirs my blood!
        Those shows? Those guys are doing it for the money. The excitement is manufactured.
        Give me a 15 year old with his first deer!
        THAT!!! ...is excitement!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          I had the first 13 "Monster Buck" videos with Jordan, Blanton, Waddell and the gang. Really enjoyed them. Tried some Knight & Hale. Those guys are a hoot! But after a while, it just got boring.
          Watched a few episodes of "Meat eater" and it wasn't too bad. Just too much mindless chatter. Reminded me of Woody Allen or Alan Alda! I just wanted them to SHUT UP! LOL!
          I'm at the stage now where I want to take my own photos and vids!
          I really don't give a rip what the other guys are doing.
          Want to pique my interest?
          Write me your hunting journal entry with a pic or two!
          Like fitch270 did with his son's MT hunt!
          THAT!!!! ...is awesome and stirs my blood!
          Those shows? Those guys are doing it for the money. The excitement is manufactured.
          Give me a 15 year old with his first deer!
          THAT!!! ...is excitement!
          You are right fb. I post my pictures and stories. And eagerly awaiting your turkey hunting success in April!

          Comment


          • #6
            FIRSTBUBBA: David Hale wasn't much of a turkey caller when he started out. He ambushed them strutting ridges, still common around here if turkey ain't being bothered. They come to the end of a finger ridge, gobble their head off and strut, then turn around and go quietly back to the main ridge gobble and strut, then come back quiet to the end of the finger again.This is where you set up and shut up. Bushwhack him when he strolls back. Done it myself more than once. Hale got into calls big time with the e-z grunter deer call. Got one around here some place. He also likes to shoot deer walking with his bow, thought it wrong to stop them cause you give them a chance to duck the string. At least that's what he told me. By the way, Harold Knight is a hell of a crappie fisherman.

            Comment


            • #7
              Should mention Cadiz Ky ain't that far from Union City, Tn. We would take the Hickman ferry across and go to Dixie Gun Works, then head over around Cadiz so to go see the elk they transplanted around there.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dewman View Post
                FIRSTBUBBA: David Hale wasn't much of a turkey caller when he started out. He ambushed them strutting ridges, still common around here if turkey ain't being bothered. They come to the end of a finger ridge, gobble their head off and strut, then turn around and go quietly back to the main ridge gobble and strut, then come back quiet to the end of the finger again.This is where you set up and shut up. Bushwhack him when he strolls back. Done it myself more than once. Hale got into calls big time with the e-z grunter deer call. Got one around here some place. He also likes to shoot deer walking with his bow, thought it wrong to stop them cause you give them a chance to duck the string. At least that's what he told me. By the way, Harold Knight is a hell of a crappie fisherman.
                dewman
                If I spot a gobbler repeating a routine, I have no shame! I'll bushwhack him in a heartbeat! ...AND brag about it! LOL!
                In fact, the two toms in my avatar I bushwhacked! Never touched a call.
                I'd crawl through a mile of briars to snap a trigger at a turkey!

                Comment


                • #9
                  FB: they all taste the same don't they!👍

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The Hunting Public vids are enjoyable. Esp Teds monster buck one.
                    They're young and gung ho, proly like most of us used to be LOL

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dewman View Post
                      FB: they all taste the same don't they!👍
                      Any legally acquired tom turkey is a trophy!
                      Here's another one I bushwhacked!
                      I shot him from the setup where he's hanging. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0916.JPG
Views:	404
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	725143

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Interesting videos, thanks for sharing them. After the muzzleloader shot, I would have immediately climbed down and started tracking still in daylight. As it turned out, the deer ran only 50 yards. He would not have been out so late if he'd brought the cart most of the way in. He'd run the risk of coyotes getting the deer before he returned with help.

                        I hunt alone most of the time and often take my cart when going that far from the vehicle. It would have helped him with toting all that gear in as well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Im up. It's 1:37 am.
                          My elbow annoying me.
                          Took some Nyquil, wore my arm brace.........slept 2 hrs and BAM am wide awake.
                          So am watching Fieldsports Britain on Roku.

                          The Aimpoint moose vid w Tim Pilbeam was good.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                            Im up. It's 1:37 am.
                            My elbow annoying me.
                            Took some Nyquil, wore my arm brace.........slept 2 hrs and BAM am wide awake.
                            So am watching Fieldsports Britain on Roku.

                            The Aimpoint moose vid w Tim Pilbeam was good.
                            I hear ya. Getting older has more aches and pains associated with it than I ever imagined when I was young. My muscles are sore from dancing Friday night and doing yard work yesterday. Got all the leaves from the yard and trimmed shrubbery. Then cooked venison steaks over a charcoal fire while downing several beers.

                            PigHuntress says she doesn't want to squirrel hunt so I may go alone after a little more shuteye (and Advil)...

                            EDIT: Well, there's rain falling this morning and temps in the mid 40's but should clear by midday. So, it will be a possible afternoon hunt.
                            Last edited by PigHunter; 02-16-2020, 07:37 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                              The Hunting Public vids are enjoyable. Esp Teds monster buck one.
                              They're young and gung ho, proly like most of us used to be LOL



                              Im still young and hung ho!

                              A few years back we got almost 3 and 1/2 foot of snow during late bow here! And I walked about mile and half on public, with out snow shoes and a tree stand on my back! To sit for maybe two hours I was all sweaty! I had plenty of venison in freezer from regular bow!


                              Sometime my brain doesn't over rule my drive!




                              Comment

                              Welcome!

                              Collapse

                              Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                              If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                              And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                              Right Rail 1

                              Collapse

                              Top Active Users

                              Collapse

                              There are no top active users.

                              Right Rail 2

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Right Rail 3

                              Collapse

                              Footer Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X