RIP. Tred Barta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP. Tred Barta

Sure seemed like a colorful guy. Different style.....but humorous. Found some of his shows entertaining

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
    Sure seemed like a colorful guy. Different style.....but humorous. Found some of his shows entertaining
    Only a few months older than me. Wonder what happened ... oh, I see he had "spinal stroke and cancer in 2009" that left him paralysed from the armpits down. Presumably the cancer returned. 2009 was a bad year for me as well. Wikipedia says he was planning on "getting married again to a wonderful woman." My condolences to the lady.

Comment

I used to watch him all the time. For a real job he was a pilot and used to deliver new planes. His outdoor exploits were always on the 'edge'. I remember one he was running full speed through the woods practicing to catch and kill a hog with his bowie knife. Another was he rolled around in the cold ashes of a camp fire to cover his human scent so he could 'touch a deer' in the wild, and he did it. Very entertaining guy who really had bad health problems. RIP.

Comment

About the time I found Tred Barta, I was pretty deep into the Realtree "Monster Buck" series and wasn't that interested.
        The time or two I did watch him, he was very entertaining.

One of the most entertaining "hunters" I ever watched was Fred Eichler (?). He shot instinct with an unsighted bow and regularly took game at amazing ranges.

Comment

Purportedly, he was in a motor vehicle accident.

Comment

Truck pulling trailer. Wonder if he fell asleep during a long run or made an oops. Hell, lotsa people do......and they in better health.

Comment

Trad is kinda easier when distances get to where you can use arrow tip as a sight. Plus cameras make things look farther away than it is. Moat folks w trad gear try to keep shots closer.

Yrs ago w low anchor i had a little BP recurve that would lay em in there at 45 yards. People were stunned. Clueless that it was my point on.

20 yards was pretty funky w low anchor..

Gap huge and unable to ingrain. But 45 yards? Piece of cake. Arc was pretty huge though. No prob on practice range but in the woods....had to watch for snaggers LOL
              Last edited by CD2; 08-14-2019, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I dunno what sighting method Tred used or what his gear specs were. He said he shot a lot just to be mediocre.

Watched his vid where he missed a nice black bear twice. He handled it pretty well. But you could feel the let down
                Last edited by CD2; 08-14-2019, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Truck pulling trailer. Wonder if he fell asleep during a long run or made an oops. Hell, lotsa people do......and they in better health.
                  Since he's been paralysed from the armpits down for several years I doubt he was driving a truck. Maybe a passenger.

Comment

Wrong again....

Last edited by CD2; 08-16-2019, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Wrong again....

Yep, he died in the Yukon on the Alaska Highway after touring the state alone in his truck with his hunting dog. The dog survived the accident.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad