1963 kodiak special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 kodiak special

Hi, i have a 1963 kodiak special i am trying to sell and i have no idea of the value or what it is worth. Please help!

Sidunlap, there are too many variables in your question to give an accurate answer. 1: Condition
    2: Draw weight
    3: Are limbs twisted
    Without seeing the bow, I would estimate in the area of below $100. But of course it also depends on how badly someone wants a 1963 Kodiak Special.

And I am assuming that your question is pertaining to a recurve bow ! A photo might be of some help.

Comment

I bought a factory camo kodiak from the original owner last yr for 100. It was in vvg shape....some twist. Took two tries to get the twiat out (have done dozens). Unfortunately it was like other Bears ive had.....noisy and shocky. Played w tune and it was just a bad rig
      Did get a couple of old Grizzlies to be decent. Ya just never know
      My guess is for whatever reasons the bow was a turd when new and why it was in such good shape. Think there can be quite a bit of variability in some brands/ models. That reflective of pricing....might pay top dollar for a classic clunker....or end up w a good one for cheap.

Comment

Pricing? Check what a certain big auction site shows.

Comment

I have a vintage '60's Grizzly and I would guess in good condition $100 to $200. I have seen them for more but don't know if that was what they sold for.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
            I bought a factory camo kodiak from the original owner last yr for 100. It was in vvg shape....some twist. Took two tries to get the twiat out (have done dozens). Unfortunately it was like other Bears ive had.....noisy and shocky. Played w tune and it was just a bad rig
            Did get a couple of old Grizzlies to be decent. Ya just never know
            My guess is for whatever reasons the bow was a turd when new and why it was in such good shape. Think there can be quite a bit of variability in some brands/ models. That reflective of pricing....might pay top dollar for a classic clunker....or end up w a good one for cheap.
            Interesting read by Tyler Freel in the Spring edition of Outdoor Life. Tyler has gotten about everything with a rifle including Dall Rams and now he is getting ready to hunt one with a re-curve bow. He went to Colorado to work with a World renown Archery coach to fine tune his archery hunting and rid himself of any bad habits. IF he pulls this off it will be a miracle, tough enough with a gun.

Comment

If he is successful or not in that venture, what a fantastic adventure that would be. Being strictly a recurve shooter myself, I can surely envision the difficulties of getting into a possible shooting distance at a Dall ram ! I certainly take my hat off to him for this attempt !!

Comment

There is a pretty big trad shop in CO.

http://www.rmsgear.com/

Look at all the used goodies here

http://rmsgear.com/bowshop_inventory...202.1559219149

Comment

There is a pretty big trad shop in CO.

http://www.rmsgear.com/

Look at all the used goodies here

http://rmsgear.com/bowshop_inventory...202.1559219149
                  Damn CD2, all I can say, is they don’t have what you want, then you don’t need it ! It has been some years since I bought my Brackenbury, am sure amazed at the current prices for used bows. Thanks for the post !

Comment

Fun to look back and or just window shop

Comment

Fun to look back and or just window shop
                      So true ! I always wanted a Black Widow, but now even the used bows are out of my financial means, but maybe if I was able to shoot more, I might give up eating for a few weeks to help afford one !

Comment

Got my first Black Widow new back in '87.
                        Traded a bow in (shop was BW dealer), paid some cash too, and had 50% of the money.
                        Shop ordered it and when it came in, went down and paid it off.
                        Was 2.5 hr drive, one way.

Price w quiver and case was 475.

I ate PB&J and stayed home for a long time to scrape up that money while in college.

Next one was again new, in 2001. Was 870 bucks IIRC.
                        Still shoot a Blackwidow, but a '91 model. Got it used for 400.

That cost 1/5 as much as my vehicle!

Comment

I'd like a new PCH, but w health issues it might just be a wall hanger so $1200 bucks seems silly.
                          Even if I had it to blow.

Like my old used model just fine.

Kid's timing chain next week, cost as much as a new Widow.
                          If I never got married and had kids I suppose there'd be all sorts of cool stuff in a cabin.

Oh well.

Comment

You might go on auction sites or some kinda hunting site that where people selling there stuff , you might be able to find what you have and can price it by what others are getting for them. You still might not get that price but it can at least give you an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Interesting read by Tyler Freel in the Spring edition of Outdoor Life. Tyler has gotten about everything with Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.l.l a rifle including Dall Rams and now he is getting ready to hunt one with a re-curve bow. He went to Colorado to work with a World renown Archery coach to fine tune his archery hunting and rid himself of any bad habits. IF he pulls this off it will be a miracle, tough enough with a gun.
                              Without seeing the bow, I would estimate in the area of below $100. But of course it also depends on how badly someone wants a 1963 Kodiak Special.
                              Last edited by DENIMKATY; 08-26-2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad