Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was at my local pro archery shop yesterday, debating on eating for the next month vs. buying a new bow, when the counter guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was at my local pro archery shop yesterday, debating on eating for the next month vs. buying a new bow, when the counter guys

I was at my local pro archery shop yesterday, debating on eating for the next month vs. buying a new bow, when the counter guys told me to wait a month or so. They'd just recieved word that three new Hoyt models were set to be shipped within the next week, of which they had no info on, not even the model names. Has anyone heard anything on this?

Look to be seeing the Hoyt TurboHawk- apparently to be faster and lighter than the Superhawk or Powerhawk. ((320 FPS and 3.75 Pounds)) Here is a link to a picture I could find about this model. Not much information but at least its a looker!

http://www.archeryblog.it/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/turbohawk21.jpg

Comment

Here is a better Site- Hoyts Site- You can check out all the colors and specs on the new TurboHawk.

http://www.hoyt.com/compound_bows/hoyt_turbohawk_compound_bow.php

Comment

As a guy who made the mistake of buying a new bow this year, and thereby eliminating the funding for doing an Idaho elk hunt this year, I'm going to chime in that mid-october is not the best time to buy a bow anyway -- a better thing would be to wait until about mid-January when all the guys who bought AlphaMax's this year sell them on Archery Talk because they are now obsolete compared to the new Hoyt WhateverItIsHawk.

Comment

Yeah, they had a Turbohawk but only had a left-hand so I didn't get to shoot it. Felt real light and looked good. From what I've found this morning(which isn't much), there are three more 2010 models that are supposed to be even better. I love this time of year, the wait is better than Xmas...

Comment

mitchw,
            Good advise. Wasn't really planning on buying one right now, just curious(and impatient) as to if anyone had any info on these

Comment

I just recently bought the new Hoyt TurboHawk Package. It ran me $730 minus $50 rebate before Oct. 1st. I know its Oct. 13th but I live in NC and we must have got them in. I love it!!! it shoots amazing.. I am using beman ics400 hawk arrows. Everything I read about it compairs it to the Hoyt's Alpha Max32 and they say they are just the same except that the risers are different and the Max shoots 321 ibo instead of the TurboHawks 320 ibo. If I were you try it out and go for it if you like shooting Hoyt's.

Comment

ckRich when you find out what the new Hoyt models are let us know. Cause I havent heard anything about new ones and you got me interested in what Im missing.

Comment

Ok, the latest I've gotten from the local "authorities" is that the new models are set to be released on Oct. 15th. Whether this means that they'll be shipped on that date or will arrive on that date wasn't made clear. The Hoyt website is supposed to be updated on the 19th.

Again, this is all scuttlebutt for all I know... just relayin what I've heard.

Comment

Here's the link to the 2010 Hoyt catalog. Looks like they came out with some pretty sweet stuff.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1041543&highlight=2010+hoyt

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad