Target shooting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Target shooting

Today I decided after the chemo I have done and I am feeling better (cancer free) I figured I would try a spot target shoot to see how I did.
    243 with 3 ×. Looks like I need to do some work lol.

Jason, am most happy for you with your victory over cancer. I lost my father to that dreaded disease. Keep well young man !!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
      Jason, am most happy for you with your victory over cancer. I lost my father to that dreaded disease. Keep well young man !!
      I'm working on it I lost my dad also to the same cancer. I gotta get in shape now lol

Comment

Jason - So sorry to hear of your bout with cancer, but happy to learn that you have landed on your feet.
        I have lost two brothers to cancer.
        Stay well and best wishes for good health from here on in.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          Jason - So sorry to hear of your bout with cancer, but happy to learn that you have landed on your feet.
          I have lost two brothers to cancer.
          Stay well and best wishes for good health from here on in.
          It's been rough I gotta get back in shape. Shooting today wore me out. Thanks 99

Comment

Shot again tonight and ended up with a 279 + 8 x's

Comment

Glad to hear you finished the treatment. Stay well. What were you shooting today ? I used to shoot .22 pistol indoor with my Browning Challenger. Shot a .298, one time LOL.

Comment

Bow 20 yards Jimbo the 10 ring is about 1 1/2 with about a 3/4" inner circle that is the x ring. I used to shoot 298-300 with two buddies and count x's. I have not shot competitive in 2 years. But this chemo crap really kicked my butt. I shoot a mathews monster 6 mcpherson series. 60 pounds I am chronoed at 330. Doctors say i'm clear so I think i'm gonna get back in it

Comment

Originally posted by JasonT View Post
                  Bow 20 yards Jimbo the 10 ring is about 1 1/2 with about a 3/4" inner circle that is the x ring. I used to shoot 298-300 with two buddies and count x's. I have not shot competitive in 2 years. But this chemo crap really kicked my butt. I shoot a mathews monster 6 mcpherson series. 60 pounds I am chronoed at 330. Doctors say i'm clear so I think i'm gonna get back in it
                  I have an old Jennings Buckmaster and now use a Barnett X Bow the most. In N.Y I had to take a day long course to get an Archery endorsement on my license. That included shooting at 30yd targets. I did that with a Bear Grizzly re-curve I bought in 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                    I have an old Jennings Buckmaster and now use a Barnett X Bow the most. In N.Y I had to take a day long course to get an Archery endorsement on my license. That included shooting at 30yd targets. I did that with a Bear Grizzly re-curve I bought in 1969.
                    I have not shot a recurve in years. I am getting the boy into it and he is hooked already.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Today I decided after the chemo I have done and I am feeling better (cancer free) I figured I would try a spot target shoot to see how I did.
                      How many shots do you take ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

How many shots do you take ?
                        30 shots jimbo ten rounds of three

Comment

It's understandable that you'd be a little rusty after going through what you did, Jason. I'm just glad that you're still here to work on it. Congratulations and here's wishing you many more years of shooting, hunting and everything else you enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by SingleShot View Post

It's understandable that you'd be a little rusty after going through what you did, Jason. I'm just glad that you're still here to work on it. Congratulations and here's wishing you many more years of shooting, hunting and everything else you enjoy.
                            Thanks ss it may not have been possible without the few good people left out there.

Comment

Shot 282 and 9 x's today so I guess I still have some consistencey left 😁

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad