Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you shoot your bow with fingers or a release and why.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I shoot with the release, it's better for me!!!

Leave a comment:

• crowdpleaser73
    replied
    I shoot with a release because its allot easier for me to pull back using my wrist than my fingers and its also alot eaiser for me to time my shot leting my wrist hold the weight and my finger triping the trigger.

Leave a comment:

• shane mcelroy
    replied
    i shoot a release because im alot more accurate and my fingers get to cold and stiff in the winter

Leave a comment:

• CavRecon
    replied
    Release for consistency.

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    I use a release since I assume that it gives me more consistency in my shot.

Leave a comment:

• trophyslayer
    replied
    The release, for obvious reasons.

Leave a comment:

• mathewsbow
    replied
    release that was the wat i was taught

Leave a comment:

• hjohn429
    replied
    Release, my fingers go mumb even with a glove othewise. Easier to shoot more accurately. Some people (like Cuck Adams) shoot very effectively wiyh fingers, but not me.

Leave a comment:

• hickboy518
    replied
    i use just my fingers with a recurves but i i was useing a compound i use a release

Leave a comment:

• buckshot89
    replied
    i shoot with a release. i never had anyluck with my fingers, i sprayed arrows with fingers. but, once i started using a release, i was holding tighter groups at a greater distance.

Leave a comment:

• bomberpride
    replied
    I feel like i shoot a lot better with a release

Leave a comment:

• RebeccaAnn
    replied
    I use fingers and a tab, but if your using a compound bow i would use a release so you don't kill your hand. Plus with a release you don't have to worry about the string twisting when you pull back.

Leave a comment:

• willkillsdeer
    replied
    i too use fingers and a tab for, me it just feels more natrul and the first time i used a release i got the bow back halfway and the pice of crap broke i geuss i just don't trust them and u don't want that to happen when ur drawing back on a deer

Leave a comment:

• Bigbuck14
    replied
    A release it's easier on your fingers and you can hold the bow back longer

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter123
    replied
    i personally shoot with my release because when you shoot with fingers the string always bucks ... and you dont have that consistent accuracy ... good luck

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad