Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you shoot your bow with fingers or a release and why.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you shoot your bow with fingers or a release and why.

Do you shoot your bow with fingers or a release and why.

I shoot a release, with a short axle to axle bow my fingers would get crushed at full draw.

Comment

Funny that you ask. I started shooting with fingers this year and am going back to the release because I lost all feeling in my fingertips. I have not shot my bow in over a month and am just now starting to get the feeling back.

Comment

fingers. its just more simple

Comment

I use a release. It's a "cleaner" release of the bowstring and it's easier on my fingers during a practice session. Let me be honest; I am still not accurate enough with a bow to take it afield for deer, so ALL my activity is practice in the backyard. You won't hear anything from me about performance on game. I've not yet hunted deer with the bow.

Comment

I shoot a release only because you can put a much better arrow rest on your bow with a release.

Comment

Release. Using my fingers puts a lot of pressure on them and is uncomfortable. You still need to practice with your fingers in case you DO lose your release.

Comment

I shoot with a release now but I've only started that in the last couple years. I like the crisp release and think you have less slip ups with a release compared to fingers.

Comment

This summer I'm going to try and shoot a bow again if my shoulder will take it. If so, I'm going hunting. Before, I shot a bow from when I was 8 until I stopped at 48 with fingers only. Bow string released easily and much quieter than a mechanical release. Today's releases have probably made quantum leaps over those back then. I'll find out.

Comment

release, its more accurate for me.

Comment

release, its more accurate for me.

Comment

Release: More consistent, and eliminates the possibility of fingers messing up the release.

Comment

And it hurts less!

Comment

I use a release because I get better accuaracy and I can hold at full draw longer. I do carry two releases every time I go hunting so I've got a backup. I dropped mine walking in one time and tried to shoot a doe with fingers. It was 12 degrees that day so I was wearing a glove, not even a thick glove and I really screwed up the shot. Went into a tree about four feet behind her and about seven feet of the ground. I always wear a thin glove on my left hand and keep a hand warmer in my pocket.

Comment

Fingers and a tab.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad